Member Map

4 hours ago, Martin A. said:

If this is on ClausNet I get the proper menu when right clicking. What browser are you using? Getting any Javascript errors?

Using FireFox. No script errors.

2 minutes ago, Michael R said:

Using FireFox. No script errors.

I just updated FF and it seems to be working now. Thanks!

Hello

I think I have the same problem.

I have first setup the custom field in new registration and told Member Map to use it as a city but, Well one of member insert "Marquette" instead the real name "Marquette Lez Lille" and the Map send the user to "Marquette USA".

So I tried to use the "address" field that require a complete adresse with country, address, postal code, region and town but it's not working.

Don't you plan to put the "location" field under the registering action ? 

EDIT : Well, I tried to put a custom field and nothing work anymore ... any idea ?

Edited by Julien Leconte
new information
4 hours ago, Julien Leconte said:

I have first setup the custom field in new registration and told Member Map to use it as a city but, Well one of member insert "Marquette" instead the real name "Marquette Lez Lille" and the Map send the user to "Marquette USA".

That happens when several places share the same name, or close variations of it. Nothing I can do with it, really. 

What you had there is what works the best. A simple "text" input field. An address field require a full working address, which I don't believe a whole lot of your members are ready to give out. This field also require Google Maps API to be turned on in ACP > Community Enhancements.

Ok but, I followed the steps, activated the 2 API : Google MAP Javascript API & Google Static Maps API

I've created 3 API keys : 

one with the Google MAP Javascript API calling with Web Browser

one with the Google Static Maps API calling with Web Browser

one with Google MAP Javascript API calling with Web Browser and a HTTP Referer

I've waited for 5 or 10 minutes and try to validate any of these keys under the Google Maps plugin in IPB and all time get this error : 

That API key is not valid or does not have the Google Maps JavaScript API and/or Google Static Maps API enabled. Make sure you have followed all of the steps in the setup instructions. You may have to wait a few minutes after enabling the API for it to take effect.

On 29/08/2016 at 10:14 PM, Martin A. said:

If "profile sync" is enabled, it can be done from the profile. But in order to set the most accurate position, right clicking on the map and select "add/update location" is the best way to do this.

Adding a marker group will not fix this, as it will not be set as a "member marker group", but a "custom marker group".

On 29/08/2016 at 11:28 PM, Christian Anderl said:

Thank you very much @Martin A.! Much appreciated.

I did use a Text field for location for that reason. I don´t want it to be a complete Adress field that requires all fields.
Then i activated profile sync and thought that it would not set markers while importing all the location fields. But nothing happened so far. I understand it can only send 100 a day, right? But still, at least some of these 100 should have entered something into the location field already ^_^ 

I´ll try all you suggested and still wait for some days, maybe the import takes more time than i thought? ^_^

Unfortunately the sync doesn't seem to be picking up from the Location field we have either @Martin A.. You seem to have add a location manually first, then it will sync. Is there any way of getting the sync to look at all existing profiles or am I setting up something incorrectly?

Great app by the way, it looks fantastic.:thumbsup:

P.S. Our site is www.forevergaming.co.uk

4 hours ago, Diddums said:

Unfortunately the sync doesn't seem to be picking up from the Location field we have either @Martin A.. You seem to have add a location manually first, then it will sync. Is there any way of getting the sync to look at all existing profiles or am I setting up something incorrectly?

Great app by the way, it looks fantastic.:thumbsup:

P.S. Our site is www.forevergaming.co.uk

You are correct. Having a marker was indeed required, as an endless loop was started when one didn't exist. 

On 1.9.2016 at 11:54 PM, Julien Leconte said:

Ok but, I followed the steps, activated the 2 API : Google MAP Javascript API & Google Static Maps API

I've created 3 API keys : 

one with the Google MAP Javascript API calling with Web Browser

one with the Google Static Maps API calling with Web Browser

one with Google MAP Javascript API calling with Web Browser and a HTTP Referer

I've waited for 5 or 10 minutes and try to validate any of these keys under the Google Maps plugin in IPB and all time get this error : 

That API key is not valid or does not have the Google Maps JavaScript API and/or Google Static Maps API enabled. Make sure you have followed all of the steps in the setup instructions. You may have to wait a few minutes after enabling the API for it to take effect.

Those keys are required to get the "address" field working, not the regular text field.

And this is a question not related to this application. Either submit a ticket to IPS, or create a topic in the peer-to-peer forum, if you can't get the Google Maps integration working.

On 5.9.2016 at 6:33 AM, tolik777 said:

Can you add "modperms__core_Content_membermap_Markers_Markers" to language file? I can't rename this string to other Language.

Done.

On 5.9.2016 at 2:30 PM, Julien Leconte said:

Ok so, I've tried one more time and now it's works (for the Google MAP API I mean).

But I can't get the adress field or the simple text field works.

Do I forgot something ?

Good. What part of it isn't working? Saving from the profile, or the sync task? 

As mentioned in my previous reply there's a bug in the current release where you'll get a timeout if you don't have a marker on the map and trying to save from the profile.