Member Map

22 hours ago, Martin A. said:

1. It's in each member group setting.

2. It takes whatever value the member have written in the field and runs it through a search engine, in this case OpenStreetMap Nominatim. The first result this gives back is where the map marker is placed. 

If you enable this now, this is what happens when a member updates their profile field. And you'll have the option to enable a task to import all members.

3. A mismatch is possible, but I haven't seen any major ones yet. Of course you'll run into issues when cities in different countries have the same name. 
Names with special characters are probably accounted for, click the link above and give it a try.

Martin thanks for clarifications but I dont have any option to change icon in group setting. There is only a setting for color change

MazdaClubTR_Snip57.JPG

9 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

If you mean Custom Marker in the map - you can create a group in ACP first, and then you'll find all markers/groups in front www.yourboard.com/membermap/markers/

Got it! I created a custom marker/group then in the Members Map I selected BROWSE MARKERS, then I selected the new marker/group, and then an ADD MARKER button became available. After these custom markers/groups are created I would have that that there would be an easier way to ADD MARKER from the map view...maybe I'm missing it.

Thanks for the assist!

On 7/25/2016 at 8:55 PM, Martin A. said:

The field type is probably set to "Editor", But if this is a field you've had going for quite some time, changing the field type will cause you to lose the data in the field.

I've made some changes to the next version to deal with this, just disable the feature for now.

There might be several reasons. When you write the location, do you get an autocomplete list underneath? You need to select one of them to be able to submit the form.

If you don't see the list, I may need you board URL, as there might be a JS error some where.

Yeah, I just disabled Member Map for now.  Easier. ^_^

Quick question - is it possible for a Member who has added a pin to a Map to remove it? If so, how?

I understand a pin can be edited, but it doesn't look like it can be removed, which raises privacy concerns if a Member subsequently decides they want to opt out of the Member Map.

On 27.7.2016 at 10:14 PM, BostonBob said:

I ran into an error when an Admin tried to change their PROFILE, while they were pinned on the map. I had to disable the Member Map till he changed his signature.  Has anyone else run into this?

On 27.7.2016 at 1:25 AM, katamiaw said:

Hello,

Error upgrading: "1S111/1 Column 'marker_parent_id' cannot be null"

Could you guys go to ACP > Support > System Logs and see if you find the error log that corresponds to the errors you've seen?

On 27.7.2016 at 4:59 PM, JTHastings said:

Got it! I created a custom marker/group then in the Members Map I selected BROWSE MARKERS, then I selected the new marker/group, and then an ADD MARKER button became available. After these custom markers/groups are created I would have that that there would be an easier way to ADD MARKER from the map view...maybe I'm missing it.

Thanks for the assist!

I don't see how you could "easily" do this on the map without possibly confusing users and cluttering the interface even more. Ideas are welcome.

On 27.7.2016 at 4:04 PM, ABGenc said:

Martin thanks for clarifications but I dont have any option to change icon in group setting. There is only a setting for color change

MazdaClubTR_Snip57.JPG

For now you can only change the pin color.

1 hour ago, abetts said:

I don't have 'members' in the settings... using the latest version :( 

You should see the same groups there are you do when changing forums permissions. That form is drawn by the core app, and any issues with it would not be related to this app.

Martin Said: "I don't see how you could "easily" do this on the map without possibly confusing users and cluttering the interface even more. Ideas are welcome."

Suggestion: once the custom marker(s) are created you could have access to them from the map via the Admin Tools drop down (only available to Admins) via an "Add Marker" button that then let's you select one of the custom markers you have selected. So the steps would be (AFTER the custom markers are already created):

1. Open Members Map
  2. Select Admin Tools
  3. Select Add Marker
  4. Select Custom Marker
  5. Position it on map

Just a thought....I guess it has just as many steps as the other method...seems more intuitive though...

AddMarker.png

Upgraded yesterday to correct the MapQuest issue, however after the upgrade the default map selected was OpenStreetMap.France which had all locations in French. I went into Map Manager to change it but there doesn't seem to be an option for an English only map. Am I missing something? Or is there a way to add an English only map?

6 hours ago, Sam A said:

Upgraded yesterday to correct the MapQuest issue, however after the upgrade the default map selected was OpenStreetMap.France which had all locations in French. I went into Map Manager to change it but there doesn't seem to be an option for an English only map. Am I missing something? Or is there a way to add an English only map?

Esri WorldStreetMap is an English only map. Have a look at this page to see a preview of all providers you can choose from.

7 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

Where would you like the error messages from the "System Logs" when updating to the newest version?  Just in this topic? 

Yes, just post it here.

4 hours ago, refresh said:

Just following up my query - is there any way to remove a Map Marker?

Members managing it themselves would be preferable, but we'd be fine with Admin only access.

Right click on a marker on the map, if the member have permissions to delete the marker, they'll get that option. Or you can do it through "Browse Markers".

5 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Right click on a marker on the map, if the member have permissions to delete the marker, they'll get that option. Or you can do it through "Browse Markers".

Thanks Martin. Where would I find the permissions to enable Members to delete markers? I've looked but can't seem to find it.

7 hours ago, refresh said:

Thanks Martin. Where would I find the permissions to enable Members to delete markers? I've looked but can't seem to find it.

There's not a separate setting for this, it uses the member group setting "Can delete own content?" which is used across the suite.

@Martin A.

Column 'marker_name' cannot be null
INSERT INTO `membermap_markers` ( `marker_parent_id`, `marker_name`, `marker_name_seo`, `marker_lat`, `marker_lon`, `marker_member_id`, `marker_added` ) VALUES ( ?, NULL, NULL, ?, ?, ?, ? )
Array
(
    [0] => 1
    [1] => 
    [2] => 
    [3] => 36.454704
    [4] => -86.645401
    [5] => 18504
    [6] => 0
)

| File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          | [IPS\Db\_Exception].__construct                                               | 427               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          | [IPS\_Db].preparedQuery                                                       | 661               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /applications/membermap/setup/upg_110000/upgrade.php                       | [IPS\_Db].insert                                                              | 83                |
 | /applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php             | [IPS\membermap\setup\upg_110000\_Upgrade].step1                               | 697               |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications].IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\{closure}|                   |
 | /system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php                      | [].call_user_func                                                             | 71                |
 | /applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php             | [IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect].__construct                                   | 788               |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications].upgrade                   |                   |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php                                          | [].call_user_func                                                             | 85                |
 | /system/Node/Controller.php                                                | [IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller].execute                                          | 63                |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php                                          | [IPS\Node\_Controller].execute                                                | 129               |
 | /admin/index.php                                                           | [IPS\_Dispatcher].run                                                         | 13                |

#0 /home/****************/public_html/system/Db/Exception.php(109): IPS\_Log::log('Column 'marker_...', 'sql')
#1 /home/****************/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(427): IPS\Db\_Exception->__construct('Column 'marker_...', 1048, NULL, 'INSERT INTO `me...', Array)
#2 /home/****************/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(661): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('INSERT INTO `me...', Array)
#3 /home/****************/public_html/applications/membermap/setup/upg_110000/upgrade.php(83): IPS\_Db->insert('membermap_marke...', Array)
#4 /home/****************/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(697): IPS\membermap\setup\upg_110000\_Upgrade->step1()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\{closure}(Array)
#6 /home/****************/public_html/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(71): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Array)
#7 /home/****************/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(788): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct(Object(IPS\Http\Url), Object(Closure), Object(Closure))
#8 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->upgrade()
#9 /home/****************/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#10 /home/****************/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/****************/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/****************/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

INSERT INTO `membermap_markers` ( `marker_parent_id`, `marker_name`, `marker_name_seo`, `marker_lat`, `marker_lon`, `marker_member_id`, `marker_added` ) VALUES ( 1, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 36.45470399999999955298335407860577106475830078125, -86.6454010000000067748260335065424442291259765625 )
Column 'marker_name' cannot be null

#0 /home/****************/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(661): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('INSERT INTO `me...', Array)
#1 /home/****************/public_html/applications/membermap/setup/upg_110000/upgrade.php(83): IPS\_Db->insert('membermap_marke...', Array)
#2 /home/****************/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(697): IPS\membermap\setup\upg_110000\_Upgrade->step1()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\{closure}(Array)
#4 /home/****************/public_html/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(71): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Array)
#5 /home/****************/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(788): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct(Object(IPS\Http\Url), Object(Closure), Object(Closure))
#6 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->upgrade()
#7 /home/****************/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#8 /home/****************/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/****************/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/****************/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

5 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

@Martin A. just did a search in the database and am not seeing any member with that ID.  I do see a member ID for that within membermap_members.  

Just let me know what needs to be done next ^_^ 

Thanks!

Afraid you'll have to wait for the next version. Won't be long though, need to get it out to fix some issues that will appear in 4.1.14.