Member Map

18 minutes ago, ToeJam said:

I have a problem with the member map not showing up in the menu tabs, anything I should look for?  Thanks

I noticed the same issue with the latest update.

It appears the update reset the permissions in the menu manager if you were using " I want to choose which groups can see this item."

Simply add the permissions back within Menu Manager. And don't forget to click 'Publish this Menu' when you are done!

Edited by Neej

Great mod guys, thanks for all the efforts.

I have a few questions ;

1. I have seen that there are translation strings as "group_pin_icon" for the group icons but I can not find a setting to change the icon. 
  2. How does the Enable Profile Sync actually work ? I have the Location field filled by members. They usually write the city names they live in. If I select this field and enable the sync what is supposed to happen ?
  3. What happens if the city names are not exactly given or not matched cause of Turkish characters ?

I report this issue, if I try to update a user profile I got this error:

RuntimeException: BAD_JSON (0)
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/membermap/sources/Map/Map.php(207): IPS\Http\_Response->decodeJson()
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/membermap/extensions/core/MemberSync/membermap.php(113): IPS\membermap\_Map->getLatLng('GE-IT-EU')
#2 [internal function]: IPS\membermap\extensions\core\MemberSync\_membermap->onProfileUpdate(Object(IPS\Member), Array)
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(3031): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(347): IPS\_Member->memberSync('onProfileUpdate', Array)
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(889): IPS\_Member->save()
#6 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->edit()
#7 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#8 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/xxx/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Thanks for a great app guys,

I am trying to use the "Defined Force Bounding Box". The instructions are as follows:

"Use the field above to search for a location that will always be in center of your map. The map will only focus on this area, regardless of markers outside of it. Try a few of the results from the search untill you find one that suits your needs."

Yet I do not see away to search for location. Here is a screen shot of what I see, with the latest version of Member Map 3.1.2.1 (110006)

Capture.PNG

Any help is greatly appreciated.

John

46 minutes ago, Courtland said:

Thanks for a great app guys,

I am trying to use the "Defined Force Bounding Box". The instructions are as follows:

"Use the field above to search for a location that will always be in center of your map. The map will only focus on this area, regardless of markers outside of it. Try a few of the results from the search untill you find one that suits your needs."

Yet I do not see away to search for location. Here is a screen shot of what I see, with the latest version of Member Map 3.1.2.1 (110006)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

John

When I type in the box, a list of places come up based on the text I have entered.

Either wait a few seconds when you start entering text, or try a different browser if that does not work.

membermap_search.jpg

2 hours ago, Neej said:

When I type in the box, a list of places come up based on the text I have entered.

Either wait a few seconds when you start entering text, or try a different browser if that does not work.

membermap_search.jpg

Oh Jeez, there it is! I was entering lat and long and other things, I never thought of actually typing a location by name in the field!

Thanks Neej!

Hey Mike, personally on my site, I would not force members to enter a location, but that's just within my community. If folks want to remain private, and not disclose their location, I think they would appreciate that.

In my community I made a suggestion to plot their location, and if they don't want to disclose their actual location, they can always just provide their Town Hall address or some land mark in their area rather than their actual address. Our folks seem to like that idea, typically they'll enter a land mark location in their town.

13 hours ago, CanalWorld said:

Hi,

Does this work OK with 4.1.13.? Also, is there a migration process for migrating from the 3.4.x version of the app to 4.1?

Thank you

I'm using this mod on my IPS website with no problem. If you want a link for a live demo, send me a PM;)

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 1:30 AM, CanalWorld said:

Hi,

Does this work OK with 4.1.13.? Also, is there a migration process for migrating from the 3.4.x version of the app to 4.1?

Thank you

Of course! :D

Follow the instructions included, it is however as simple as uploading a file.

Updated to the latest member map and it appears to be causing an issue with member profiles now. I made a change to a member profile, clicked save, and got this error. The change to the profile was saved however. 

#0 /home/gripboar/public_html/applications/membermap/sources/Map/Map.php(207): IPS\Http\_Response->decodeJson()
#1 /home/gripboar/public_html/applications/membermap/extensions/core/MemberSync/membermap.php(113): IPS\membermap\_Map->getLatLng('<p>\n\tYoutube:\xC2\xA0...')
#2 [internal function]: IPS\membermap\extensions\core\MemberSync\_membermap->onProfileUpdate(Object(IPS\Member), Array)
#3 /home/gripboar/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(3031): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/gripboar/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(347): IPS\_Member->memberSync('onProfileUpdate', Array)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\_Member->save()
#6 /home/gripboar/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(25): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#7 /home/gripboar/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(889): IPS\autowelcome_hook_validatehook->save()
#8 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->edit()
#9 /home/gripboar/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#10 /home/gripboar/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/gripboar/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

4 hours ago, jucs said:

Updated to the latest member map and it appears to be causing an issue with member profiles now. I made a change to a member profile, clicked save, and got this error. The change to the profile was saved however. 

#0 /home/gripboar/public_html/applications/membermap/sources/Map/Map.php(207): IPS\Http\_Response->decodeJson()
#1 /home/gripboar/public_html/applications/membermap/extensions/core/MemberSync/membermap.php(113): IPS\membermap\_Map->getLatLng('<p>\n\tYoutube:\xC2\xA0...')
#3 /home/gripboar/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(3031): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/gripboar/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(347): IPS\_Member->memberSync('onProfileUpdate', Array)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\_Member->save()
#6 /home/gripboar/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(25): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#7 /home/gripboar/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(889): IPS\autowelcome_hook_validatehook->save()
#8 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->edit()
#9 /home/gripboar/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#10 /home/gripboar/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/gripboar/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

confirmed when I disabled the membermap application the problem went away.  However, I have another site running the exact latest Invision software (the latest) and it does not have this issue?????

45 minutes ago, jucs said:

Are you sure you've selected the correct profile field to use as location sync? Surely "Youtube something something" isn't anyones physical location.

And I'm only able to reproduce this when the location field is an "Editor".

6 hours ago, JTHastings said:

What is the accepted method of entering a Members pin? What buttons to they click on? I am having a hard time understanding the methodology involved (process).

First you need to go to ACP > Community > Marker Groups. Then you need to set the permissions for the "Members" group. (The current version does not set any default permissions on this group. The next version will grant add/view permissions to all groups except guests.)
Once that's done you should see an "Add Location" button on the top of the map
Member_Map_-_IPS_Community_Suite.png

You may also right click on the location in the map and select "Add Location".

Here is what tech support said:

Hello,

the problem is indeed in the membermap application.
One user has a wrong location which is causing the issue.

/home/gripboar/public_html/applications/membermap/extensions/core/MemberSync/membermap.php(113): IPS\membermap\_Map->getLatLng('<p>\n\tTest\n</p>')

I would suggest to contact the membermap coders for further support.

Are you sure you've selected the correct profile field to use as location sync? Surely "Youtube something something" isn't anyones physical location.

I don't know what you mean here. I can duplicate this issue on my forum for anyone that has selected a marker. So, it appears someone selected a wrong location and it is causing the issue?

Thanks.

15 hours ago, jucs said:

I don't know what you mean here. I can duplicate this issue on my forum for anyone that has selected a marker. So, it appears someone selected a wrong location and it is causing the issue?

Thanks.

The field type is probably set to "Editor", But if this is a field you've had going for quite some time, changing the field type will cause you to lose the data in the field.

I've made some changes to the next version to deal with this, just disable the feature for now.

12 hours ago, marklcfc said:

Is there a reason why it's impossible to add location? Since upgrade to 4.1 from 3.4 nothing happens, I click add location, type the entry in and click save but nothing happens. 

There might be several reasons. When you write the location, do you get an autocomplete list underneath? You need to select one of them to be able to submit the form.

If you don't see the list, I may need you board URL, as there might be a JS error some where.

Hi there, fellas -

It seems to me that the FA icon isn't centrally aligned. It doesn't jump out with the default fa-home icon because that happens to be the perfect width to fit within the marker neatly, but if you switch to something else, then it's noticeably misaligned:

m2.jpg

On 15.7.2016 at 1:27 PM, ABGenc said:

Great mod guys, thanks for all the efforts.

I have a few questions ;

1. I have seen that there are translation strings as "group_pin_icon" for the group icons but I can not find a setting to change the icon. 
  2. How does the Enable Profile Sync actually work ? I have the Location field filled by members. They usually write the city names they live in. If I select this field and enable the sync what is supposed to happen ?
  3. What happens if the city names are not exactly given or not matched cause of Turkish characters ?

1. It's in each member group setting.

2. It takes whatever value the member have written in the field and runs it through a search engine, in this case OpenStreetMap Nominatim. The first result this gives back is where the map marker is placed. 

If you enable this now, this is what happens when a member updates their profile field. And you'll have the option to enable a task to import all members.

3. A mismatch is possible, but I haven't seen any major ones yet. Of course you'll run into issues when cities in different countries have the same name. 
Names with special characters are probably accounted for, click the link above and give it a try.