Member Map

1 hour ago, Martin A. said:

Those two are sort of related (same mistake). Both will be corrected in the next release.

That too will be fixed. But it should still return results. It does for me, at least.Searched_for__airports__in_Member_Map.png

Yes. Both member and custom markers are kept.

ahh
just looked at the search index, new markers were in the search index but not the synced profile ones

guess rebuilding the index will resolve it

thanks for the reply

8 minutes ago, Rhett said:

Well done Martin!  I commend you for cleaning up this application and making it awesome again!  I used it on many of my sites years ago, it was great, but needed some updating, I will be using it again now as it's very nicely done! Great job! 

Thank you Rhett! To be honest I was a bit frightened when the saw the reply notification. "How many IPS Cloud servers have I exploded now? Memory consumption trough the roof?"
But it wasn't, just a great bit of feedback ^_^ 

And you probably would have contacted us privately if that was the case

Have imported more markers using profile sync now getting this error;

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 37889 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store.php on line 121

What is the fix / work around for this issue ?

i probably have at least another 10,000 markets to import.

On 18.5.2016 at 0:22 AM, VR6Pete said:

Have imported more markers using profile sync now getting this error;

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 37889 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store.php on line 121

What is the fix / work around for this issue ?

i probably have at least another 10,000 markets to import.

How many markers do you have? I'm working on a new caching method for maps with more than 4000 markers. That calculated memory consumption for doing that in one go is roughly 40-45MB. If you have less than that I'll need to lower the limit.

What this new method does is firing a task in the background instead of doing it in one go. The downside of this is a slight delay from when a marker is added till it's visible on the map. In my tests the task fired instantly, so there were no delay at all, but that might change if there are other tasks in the queue.

On 18.5.2016 at 9:21 AM, RPG-support said:

Why is this not removed from the group settings?

123123.jpg

Because you are currently viewing the permissions the member group has, not the settings. Previously there was a group setting for this, which you had to edit the member group to see.

1 hour ago, Martin A. said:

Because you are currently viewing the permissions the member group has, not the settings. Previously there was a group setting for this, which you had to edit the member group to see.

You explanation is not informative. This group permission settings are dupluicated in the category permission settings. Why not to remove one of them?!

This settings are duplicating each other:

123123.jpg

222222.jpg

Edited by RPG-support

One small thing and another totally trivial, Martin:

The small thing is that the Marker Group Name for the Custom Marker Group doesn't use a translatable field for its name, so whatever I name the group appears as an option on the right side of the map in only one language, even if I switch the site to a different one.

The totally trivial thing is just for nerd points. Since you use the marker icons on the map, wouldn't it be cute if the FontAwesome icon for the app were fa-map-marker rather than fa-cubes? ^_^

4 hours ago, Martin A. said:

How many markers do you have? I'm working on a new caching method for maps with more than 4000 markers. That calculated memory consumption for doing that in one go is roughly 40-45MB. If you have less than that I'll need to lower the limit.

What this new method does is firing a task in the background instead of doing it in one go. The downside of this is a slight delay from when a marker is added till it's visible on the map. In my tests the task fired instantly, so there were no delay at all, but that might change if there are other tasks in the queue.

I have around 2,000 markers in there at the moment.

I have 128mb dedicated to PHP currently and has fallen over. I have asked hosting to increase to 256mb but they were not too happy as on shared hosting!

On 19.5.2016 at 10:38 PM, VR6Pete said:

I have around 2,000 markers in there at the moment.

I have 128mb dedicated to PHP currently and has fallen over. I have asked hosting to increase to 256mb but they were not too happy as on shared hosting!

That's odd. I kind of want you to try the new version before changing it. I can send a pre-release to you for testing.

On 19.5.2016 at 9:33 PM, Meddysong said:

One small thing and another totally trivial, Martin:

The small thing is that the Marker Group Name for the Custom Marker Group doesn't use a translatable field for its name, so whatever I name the group appears as an option on the right side of the map in only one language, even if I switch the site to a different one.

The totally trivial thing is just for nerd points. Since you use the marker icons on the map, wouldn't it be cute if the FontAwesome icon for the app were fa-map-marker rather than fa-cubes? ^_^

1. Marker_Groups.png

2. Applications.png

Don't see anything wrong with neither of them.

Cache Method = APC

ACP Support;

here are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

ALTER TABLE `membermap_markers_groups` ADD KEY `group_position` (`group_position`);
UPDATE `membermap_markers` SET `marker_open`=0 WHERE `marker_open` IS NULL;
ALTER TABLE `membermap_markers` CHANGE COLUMN `marker_open` `marker_open` TINYINT (1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '', ADD KEY `marker_member_id` (`marker_member_id`), ADD KEY `marker_parent_id` (`marker_parent_id`);

Hello Martin - Great job again. I have updated my testboards and fjellforum without any issues - but on my guitarsite theres an error  2S100/1 - no page found

Also - I had the same database-"error" as previous poster (when I used the Smething os not working tool) - and I fixed it automatically when I did the Something is not working tool.

You have credentials so you can have a look when you have time..