Member Map

On 3.5.2016 at 6:07 PM, abetts said:

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but 84 pages is a bit much to check through! 

How can I import markers from a previous version? This is my database...

Thanks! 

That's not possible. If you're not following the proper upgrade steps the database will not be converted. 

However, there's a feature coming that might be of interest for both you and a few others.
Settings.png

When enabled, changes to the location field in the profile will update/create a map marker. It doesn't go the other way, though. Updating on the map will not update the profile.
And you have the option to import members with a location in the profile, but does not have one in the map. It enabled a task which runs once a day, and import 100 members per go. This is done to keep the number of API calls down. Remember that you only have 15000 API calls pr month.

EDIT: Again, if you have a test install and you want to test this, please send me a message.

Edited by Martin A.

Hello, fellas -

Is it possible to limit the areas (/countries) where markers can be placed? I like the fact that the default map view scales depending on what markers are in place. In our case, we're a charity serving the UK and I like the idea that when somebody accesses the map, it's the UK which is in view. But I know that one day people will start adding markers for Australia etc, in which case the person accessing the map will get a much wider view and be compelled to zoom in to see the users and venues in the country of our operation.

If somehow we could limit it so that only markers could be placed in the UK, that would solve this problem for me. Is this possible? If not, do you think it could be? Thanks!

I have just installed this application.  I have checked the permissions under the list of applications, within the application settings and under each member group, and they all seem fine.  However I'm continually getting a message that the map isn't available to guests despite the fact that I'm clearly logged in as an administrator.

Has anyone else had this problem please?

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 14.28.32.jpg

Edited by Edward Shephard
10 hours ago, Meddysong said:

Hello, fellas -

Is it possible to limit the areas (/countries) where markers can be placed? I like the fact that the default map view scales depending on what markers are in place. In our case, we're a charity serving the UK and I like the idea that when somebody accesses the map, it's the UK which is in view. But I know that one day people will start adding markers for Australia etc, in which case the person accessing the map will get a much wider view and be compelled to zoom in to see the users and venues in the country of our operation.

If somehow we could limit it so that only markers could be placed in the UK, that would solve this problem for me. Is this possible? If not, do you think it could be? Thanks!

Yes, in the settings you can define your "bounding box". Search for a place you want to be central in your map. For the UK you could probably set Leeds to be the center of your map, and then play around with the zoom level till you get the result you want.

4 hours ago, Edward Shephard said:

I have just installed this application.  I have checked the permissions under the list of applications, within the application settings and under each member group, and they all seem fine.  However I'm continually getting a message that the map isn't available to guests despite the fact that I'm clearly logged in as an administrator.

Has anyone else had this problem please?

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 14.28.32.jpg

I'll send you 3.1.0 Beta 2, that should fix that issue.

2 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Yes, in the settings you can define your "bounding box". Search for a place you want to be central in your map. For the UK you could probably set Leeds to be the center of your map, and then play around with the zoom level till you get the result you want.

A perfect answer, Martin. Thanks very much ^_^

On 10.05.2016 at 2:47 PM, Meddysong said:

Is it possible to limit the areas (/countries) where markers can be placed?

I would like this possibility very much, if it would be realized. And I'm worrying not because of view scales like Meddysong, but because I don't like the users are selecting their living places for fun, somewhere in Antarctica or Greenland, which is not their true location for sure...

So, it would be great, if the tool can allow us to limit the areas, where the users are allowed to put their location markers.

For enable profile sync, will it work with zip codes? I have this working now by doing the following:

1. Create a profile field for zip codes. 
2. Create a zip_to_gps table with zip codes and their corresponding GPS coordinates.
3. Create two triggers on core_pfields_content for new and update to insert/update membermap_members.

If the built in function will work this way now, I'll go that route. 

3 hours ago, Ohio Riders said:

For enable profile sync, will it work with zip codes? I have this working now by doing the following:

1. Create a profile field for zip codes. 
2. Create a zip_to_gps table with zip codes and their corresponding GPS coordinates.
3. Create two triggers on core_pfields_content for new and update to insert/update membermap_members.

If the built in function will work this way now, I'll go that route. 

Zip codes are not unique to one country, so you'll probably not get the results you want by just using that.

Are you using MySQL triggers? membermap_members is not in use as of v3.1.0 (it's kept there as backup in case the conversion went wrong), all markers are stored in membermap_markers. To update you need to look for a row where markers_member_id = member_id and 'markers_parent_id' has the ID of the 'Members' row from membermap_markers_groups.

Then you need to somehow refresh the disk cache, which can't be done from MySQL.

I wanted to upgrade 3.0.2 to 3.1.1 but i getted an error message during update. corrupted file or no permission in /applications folder. Permissions are ok.

When I try to display member map, I have to set a MapQuest API Key in settings but :

- Version in ACP for member map is still 3.0.2

- No upgrade in database, still on old tables

This is my members map settings maps, it looks like a 3.0.2 / 3.1.1 mixed:

mix2.png

I managed to uninstall 3.0.2 and install a fresh 3.1.1 with success (with an other settings page) but I lost users data.

So I restored 3.0.2 and I'm currently in this state.

Edited by Florent Cadet
29 minutes ago, Florent Cadet said:

I wanted to upgrade 3.0.2 to 3.1.1 but i getted an error message during update. corrupted file or no permission in /applications folder. Permissions are ok.

When I try to display member map, I have to set a MapQuest API Key in settings but :

- Version in ACP for member map is still 3.0.2

- No upgrade in database, still on old tables

This is my members map settings maps, it looks like a 3.0.2 / 3.1.1 mixed:

I managed to uninstall 3.0.2 and install a fresh 3.1.1 with success (with an other settings page) but I lost users data.

So I restored 3.0.2 and I'm currently in this state.

I need to know the exact error message you get. 
But no, that settings page was not a mix of 3.0.2 and 3.1.0. That was pure 3.0.2 with a missing translation at top. 

Just try upgrading it again.

5 minutes ago, Phille said:

Just a small remark: when checking for updates in the ACP the new version membermap 3.1.0 is NOT shown.

Florent Cadet mentions a 3.1.1 version!? were can we find this version?

@stoo2000 just upgraded his site. The upgrade checker thingy might not be working yet.

And there's no such thing as 3.1.1 yet.

This doesn't make any sense. That message is saying that the uploaded file is corrupt or not an application file, or the folder permission is wrong. How they can be confuse me, as you were able to do a fresh install. 

Mind sending me your ACP login details and let me have a go?

Great update! Love the profile sync!

Just need to wait now for all members to get added to the map...

With over 12,000 members it going to take a while! A progress bar somewhere would be good. a shame that we cannot increase the limit from 100 per day as 15,000 per month Is allowed.

1 hour ago, VR6Pete said:

Great update! Love the profile sync!

Just need to wait now for all members to get added to the map...

With over 12,000 members it going to take a while! A progress bar somewhere would be good. a shame that we cannot increase the limit from 100 per day as 15,000 per month Is allowed.

Glad you like it!

The import is sorted by last activity, so at least you get the most "important" members first ^_^ Figured it was better to put it on the lower side rather than trying to be too ambitious.
I have no statistics as to how many requests a regular board would consume, other than when all shared the same key, and that was balancing on the edge. 

a great release/upgrade

having some minor  issues

1. with the breadcrumbs - when 'browsing markers' the member map section of the breadcrumb goes to  /forum/membermap/?module=membermap&controller=membermap instead of the showmap one and gives a 404

2. breadcrumb links cause the friendly urls not working correctly - connected to #1 above ? - displays /forum/membermap/?module=membermap&controller=showmap instead of /forum/membermap/

3. search issues - membermap_markers_markers_pl - shows in the search options and no search results seem to be returned

for info - I did have to increase my php memory to allow  approx over 3000 markers to be cached, other wise got out of  memory errors when the system was  trying to build the cache files

everything else appears to work great!

Edited by sound
13 hours ago, sound said:

1. with the breadcrumbs - when 'browsing markers' the member map section of the breadcrumb goes to  /forum/membermap/?module=membermap&controller=membermap instead of the showmap one and gives a 404

2. breadcrumb links cause the friendly urls not working correctly - connected to #1 above ? - displays /forum/membermap/?module=membermap&controller=showmap instead of /forum/membermap/

Those two are sort of related (same mistake). Both will be corrected in the next release.

13 hours ago, sound said:

3. search issues - membermap_markers_markers_pl - shows in the search options and no search results seem to be returned

That too will be fixed. But it should still return results. It does for me, at least.Searched_for__airports__in_Member_Map.png

2 hours ago, jucs said:

So, if I upgrade it should remember the current markers placed by members?  Thanks!

Yes. Both member and custom markers are kept.