Jump to content

Community

Recommended Posts

On 2.12.2017 at 11:49 PM, Nicholas Cole said:

Hi, 

Following the recent update all of my member markers are white rather than the various member group colours they are set to.  I have checked this in the APC and the colours are still set correctly, but the member map is not showing them.  They markers are barely visible on the maps now because of this.  Can't seem to find a setting to change this.  

http://www.caymanoc.com/membermap/

Thanks  

Nick

Hi. That page is not available to guests. Could you temporarily change the permissions, or create a temporary account for me?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know we can show profile files on the map pin but i have a suggestion, i want to show "member last online" on the pin i think that makes more sense than any profile field

That is the main support topic for that application. You need to state your error/issue and report it so the developer can assist.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Blisslandia said:

I want to control who sees the member map. Right now, it seems to be visible by everyone including guests. I don't want guests to see the map. How do we make permissions for this?

You can control the permission on this application the same way you do with other apps in the suite.
Screenshot_1.thumb.png.ad880c4d6fd0f5aa181d43e0292fdd4e.png

Disable guests from the box that pops up, and all should be good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Martin A. said:

You can control the permission on this application the same way you do with other apps in the suite.
Screenshot_1.thumb.png.ad880c4d6fd0f5aa181d43e0292fdd4e.png

Disable guests from the box that pops up, and all should be good.

You're amazing, thank you so much. Long time in Wordpress, new to IPS and there are a lot of places to control permissions of different things.

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, I installed the application in a test installation of my (production) forum and I went ahead and enabled the profile sync.
All users have already set up a custom profile field "Residence" with the place they live in.

I choose that field to sync with. But after that, nothing happens. Only when I go to my profile and re-add the data in the Residence field, the marker appears.

What am I doing wrong? I would hate to ask my 1000+ users to manually add their location to the map.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the same thing with a field called "location". My experience was that it is a Slowwww automatic process. It took days to get through about 800 members. Although, I think a member logging in actually kicked their process of at that time. Not 100% sure though but I'd suggest giving it some time. I did have some issues with people not using the correct format for entering their locations but that had to be corrected one by one as it was discovered.

Edited by JTHastings
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just downloaded this.  Can't get it to add a location.  Is there something I'm missing? Also, it looks like the maps are pretty old.

Is there a way to be vague on this?  I don't think my community members are going to be wanting to give out their full address in order to get the address added. 

Most will only want their general city marked.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22.12.2017 at 4:45 PM, ChrisVanMeer said:

Hi there, I installed the application in a test installation of my (production) forum and I went ahead and enabled the profile sync.
All users have already set up a custom profile field "Residence" with the place they live in.

I choose that field to sync with. But after that, nothing happens. Only when I go to my profile and re-add the data in the Residence field, the marker appears.

What am I doing wrong? I would hate to ask my 1000+ users to manually add their location to the map.

Can you show a screenshot of your sync settings? Should be something like this:

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.2fc0f319ea42392cb6025479efbc187c.png

On 22.12.2017 at 5:30 PM, JTHastings said:

I did the same thing with a field called "location". My experience was that it is a Slowwww automatic process. It took days to get through about 800 members. Although, I think a member logging in actually kicked their process of at that time. Not 100% sure though but I'd suggest giving it some time. I did have some issues with people not using the correct format for entering their locations but that had to be corrected one by one as it was discovered.

It is indeed a slow process, but that is primarily there to prevent your from exhausting the API quota at MapQuest. It's doing 100 per day.

16 hours ago, Guitar Gathering said:

Just downloaded this.  Can't get it to add a location.  Is there something I'm missing? Also, it looks like the maps are pretty old.

Is there a way to be vague on this?  I don't think my community members are going to be wanting to give out their full address in order to get the address added. 

Most will only want their general city marked.

There is no need for your members to give out their full address. When you click "Add location" button in the map view, you can search for a location as accurate as they desire, either country, state, county, or city.

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.c273dad62692a1314ec68add07baadc8.png

Go to ACP > Community > Member Map > Map Manager if you want to select a different mapping provider.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2010 at 10:54 PM, Martin A. said:

Member Map

View File

Member Map is an application that allows your users to put their (Exact or approx) location onto an interactive map. Member Map has a permission model so you can limit which groups can add to the map.

As an administrator you have the ability to create custom groups where your community (when allowed) can place other markers in the map, for example if they would like to post the location of an upcoming meet, exhibits, shops, etc.

Hi, 

that looks pretty cool.

We are using Member Map 2.0.1 from Stuart Silvester - I am a bit confused, the old link to the extension leads to this Plugin, which is fine, if it is the same app.

Is it possible to upgrade our IPB 3.4.9 with Member Map 2.0.1 from Stuart Silvester, SilvesterWebDesigns.com to this AddOn on IPB 4.2.x without using data?

Thanks,
Thomas

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.1.2018 at 11:39 AM, Thomas P said:

Hi, 

that looks pretty cool.

We are using Member Map 2.0.1 from Stuart Silvester - I am a bit confused, the old link to the extension leads to this Plugin, which is fine, if it is the same app.

Is it possible to upgrade our IPB 3.4.9 with Member Map 2.0.1 from Stuart Silvester, SilvesterWebDesigns.com to this AddOn on IPB 4.2.x without using data?

Thanks,
Thomas

Hi,

This is the same app. I've just taken over the rights to it from @stoo2000.

It should be upgradable from IPB3, but it's not something I've tested in a while. You should test it as part of your test upgrades. There's information on how to do it in the included PDF documentation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I want to migrate from vbMembermap and want to rewrite the exported vbMembermap .csv file to import as KML-file.
Is there a way to export the markers from MemberMap so I can say how the right datastructer looks like.
The csv file looks like this

userid;username;land;plz;ort;latitude;longitude;usertime;cat
1;eskaiter;DE;34532;myPlace;48.454;7.931;1843799277;0
...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eskaiter said:

Hi,

I want to migrate from vbMembermap and want to rewrite the exported vbMembermap .csv file to import as KML-file.
Is there a way to export the markers from MemberMap so I can say how the right datastructer looks like.
The csv file looks like this


userid;username;land;plz;ort;latitude;longitude;usertime;cat
1;eskaiter;DE;34532;myPlace;48.454;7.931;1843799277;0
...

 

The best thing in your case is to write a custom importer/converter, as the KML import tool does not assign a marker to any members, nor will it allow them to be added to the members category.

Send me a PM if interested.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy