Jump to content

Member Map


Martin A.

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Not 100% sure if you can "cherry pick" a table from a complete backup. What I would do is import the backup as a new database, then export just the membermap_* tables, which you'll then import to your original database.

I've taken a look at the tables and it looks like all the markers are still present. However, they aren't showing on the map. Something is amiss, but I can't figure out what. If I browse markers, none are present for the members group. Help/suggestions much appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

We have the calendar extension enabled and have quite a few entries in the calendar

we currently have it set to 7 days ahead to show

It is now taking quite along to to load https://www.walkingfootball.com/membermap/

Is there any improvements that can be made to speed things up or any advice on what we can do?

Thanks

I've been thinking about dropping the popup data from the cache, and instead load that over AJAX when needed. That would minimize the size of the cache even more and speed up load time, but only when the browser cache needs to be updated.

14 hours ago, JohnDar said:

I've taken a look at the tables and it looks like all the markers are still present. However, they aren't showing on the map. Something is amiss, but I can't figure out what. If I browse markers, none are present for the members group. Help/suggestions much appreciated!

Have a look in Moderator CP -> Deleted Content. The markers should appear there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Martin A. said:

I've been thinking about dropping the popup data from the cache, and instead load that over AJAX when needed. That would minimize the size of the cache even more and speed up load time, but only when the browser cache needs to be updated.

Anything you can do Martin will be great, thank you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JohnDar said:

Here's what it returned:

Rows matched: 226 Changed: 0 Warnings: 0

Still no markers though. :(

All good. I have my 997 markers back. :)

It took a bit of hacking about, because my best table membermap_markers table was from a pre-IPS 4.2 DB backup. 

Many thanks for everything you do, Martin.

Edited by JohnDar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Martin - I am just installing Member Map for the first time and when I try to add a marker location I get the following error message emailed to me

Quote

Hi Wade, 
An error has been logged at WoodSmoke Forum. 
#4MM5/1 
 
As of Member Map v3.1 a personal <a href='https://developer.mapquest.com/' target='_blank'>MapQuest API key</a> is required. Go to ACP > Community > Member Map > Settings to add yours. (This message is only visible to administrators) 

I am sorry if you get asked this question a lot or I have missed something in the installation instructions but do I need to get an API key from somewhere and install it?

Thanks

Wade

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wade Nash said:

Hi Martin - I am just installing Member Map for the first time and when I try to add a marker location I get the following error message emailed to me

I am sorry if you get asked this question a lot or I have missed something in the installation instructions but do I need to get an API key from somewhere and install it?

Thanks

Wade

 

Follow the URL in the error message to get to the site where you sign up for the key. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Martin - It is now working. A couple of slight issues...

It does not seem to show maps on an iPAD - is this expected?

The members and groups that show on the map seem a but hit and miss. When I refresh the browser page and also the server and browser cache the points that show on the map change. I have also added myself as a member and sometimes it shows me and other times it does not

What is the difference between point that is an icon of a person and one that is an icon of a house?

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wade Nash said:

Thanks Martin - It is now working. A couple of slight issues...

It does not seem to show maps on an iPAD - is this expected?

The members and groups that show on the map seem a but hit and miss. When I refresh the browser page and also the server and browser cache the points that show on the map change. I have also added myself as a member and sometimes it shows me and other times it does not

What is the difference between point that is an icon of a person and one that is an icon of a house?

Cheers

It should work on iOS and other mobile devices and tablets, I've not recently received any other reports about it not working.

I've never seen the "hitt and miss" issue either. Mind showing me a couple of screenshots?

The house icon identifies your location, the person are other members.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a puzzlement. I have membermap installed on two different forums and the behavior of the Location search box during custom marker entry differs between them.

Expected behavior pulls a location when it matches a numerical street address:searchahead.thumb.png.2a46020b7c08243e1f5b8f1c80c919fa.png

Happy map user :thumbsup: 

On the other forum, a street address, whether numerical or not, never matches anything. It will eventually match a city name (which will be unhelpful if the streetname contains a city name):

clandsearchahead.thumb.png.c22981ef9f1f7e37248ac5b5a5b2199e.png

Unhappy user :( 

What I've done so far:

  • used default theme - behavior remains the same (both forums) 
  • Mapquest key is identical (I use very few queries and never approach even half the limit - usually more like 1%)
  • Generated new key for new forum - no difference
  • Map providers are the same for both forums
  • Disabled/enabled membermap in the ACP
  • Ran ACP clear caches

The main difference between the forums as far as I can determine is one is an Invision CiC (map works as expected) while the other forum is self-hosted.

It's weird to me that the maps work, makers work, I can enter lat/lon manually, but the search feature alone (as far as I can tell) is the only thing that does not work the same.

If anyone has any troubleshooting steps a newbie can try, I'd love to sort this out. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8.9.2017 at 9:28 AM, Wade Nash said:

Here are some screen shots of what I am seeing. Each time I refresh cache or browse other pages on the site and go back, what is displayed on the map changes

Member Map points.pdf

This is so random that I think I want to see this myself. Send me the link to your site, and I'll have a look at what's going on.

 

On 8.9.2017 at 4:30 PM, bradl said:

.....

I think MapQuest looks at where the request originated from, based on the IP address, to determine the format of the address. The "English format" is to put the house number first, but if the request came from a country that doesn't format it like that, you'll get what the unhappy user got. I'll see what I can do about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Wade Nash said:

Hi Martin - www.woodsmokeforum.uk. When you join I will temporarily make you a site administrator.

Wade

I've identified this as a Community In the Cloud issue. When the cache files are written to disk, CIC need to be notified that a resync is needed, if not you'll get a different cache version depending on which server in the cluster you're getting it from.

And I think there's something funky going on with your marker group icons. Only enter the "fa-*" name, not an entire "<i>" tag.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Basic question and hopefully, basic answer. 

I just loaded this on a new 4.2.3 forum . When I added a marker, damn, it shows everyone my actual street address. So I deleted the marker and tried to "search for location" City, State. And it doesnt do anything. Tried just USA, nothing. Tried State, USA, still nothing. 

Any ideas? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, jair101 said:

Is it possible to use only the English names when selecting location

 

It seems that the search works in English, but the suggested results are in the language of the country, in this case in Thai. I would prefer to have everything in English as none in my community speaks all world languages :)

The fix for the issue @bradl reported above also fixed this. It will take the user's Accept-Language value from the request header and relay that to MapQuest to get the result in a language they are able to understand.

Member_Map_-_IPS_Community_Suite.thumb.png.4b51d226840fe60e572142b8bc9c89d9.png

 

37 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Basic question and hopefully, basic answer. 

I just loaded this on a new 4.2.3 forum . When I added a marker, damn, it shows everyone my actual street address. So I deleted the marker and tried to "search for location" City, State. And it doesnt do anything. Tried just USA, nothing. Tried State, USA, still nothing. 

Any ideas? 

I kind of want to blame this on your theme, especially if you're not seeing the search result like in the image above. Try switching to the default theme and see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...