Member Map

9 hours ago, sound said:

is there a current way to just show the calendar event locations from a url link?

"&group=calendar" should work. Use the name that appears in the layer list in the map.

9 hours ago, joaocb said:

Hi Martin! Thanks a lot for your reply. Please find attached to this message of 3 print screens. They refer to 3 different views of the map when accessing it: one is complete and with all categories and respective number of markers per category; the other is just the members category but no markers were loaded; and the last one is only the members category and respective markers, but other categories missing.

That would be great! Thanks again

I see what's going on. You're hitting the browser storage limit. In Chrome that is 10MB (you can test that here). It is able to save the first 10 cache files, but then the 11th and 12th would push it over the limit. The 13th only just fits. I'll have to explore some other options, or at least see if there's a way to compress the data before storing it.

There you have it, @jair101. 5200 markers is the limit.

@VR6Pete: Sure this isn't happening to you as well?

Well, it's only a risk when it happens and it happened to me with another application, the Links Directory. When upgrading the application there was a problem with only that specific table, and I lost more than 1000 links... to recover the database was an option but it would imply to lose hundreds of posts and other content from the community...

The export would allow to make it easier to keep a copy of all markers as a backup in case the problem affected only that plugin specific table and not the entire board.

I hope I managed to explain it properly. And no, I am not worried about the Members markers since it's related to a profile field, but the additional categories that are possible to create in the application which allow us to create very local markers relevant to the community - it was a brilliant idea and very important for the members engagement!

Thanks!

I'll take a look at this again for one of the upcoming versions. Let me just fix the marker issue first.

Edited by Martin A.
On 15.7.2017 at 3:01 PM, Unlucky said:

Hi,

i have noticed if you add a sidebar on the marker groups page it squeezes the marker name column and leaves the others full width

IE - https://www.walkingfootball.com/membermap/markers/group/2-walking-football-fitness-sessions/

Would it be possible to have that field expanded and say reduce the field that says This is a cross post from a calendar...  or Updated 20 minutes ago

How about this?

Custom_Group_-_IPS_Community_Suite.png

3.2.1 is out. 

@Unlucky Your requested changes is in this update.

@joaocb Compressed browser storage is in this update. Let me know how this works for you. (Preferably today as I'm going on vacation tomorrow)

23 hours ago, VR6Pete said:

Cant say I have noticed any issues on my side.

I do see why. Your map consist of mostly member markers, which isn't as space consuming as custom markers (roughly half the size). The total browser storage is still on the limit (for Chrome), just below 10MB at the moment.

Edited by Martin A.
3 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Compressed browser storage is in this update. Let me know how this works for you. (Preferably today as I'm going on vacation tomorrow)

Great news, thanks a lot! So far so good... the first time I accessed the map was quite slow but after 5 minutes, probably caching all the markers again, now it displays instantly! I will keep you updated of any changes :) Thanks again!

Hi,

We get these errors while trying to set a manual location from PC or Mac, in several browsers. Any clue?

2017-07-20_08-56-22.jpeg

Also, when trying to delete a location, we get this errors with the "image corrupt". The delete doesn't work, but it creates a second Delete option in the right click menu:

2017-07-20_09-00-47.jpeg

Edited by Chesterfieldz
1 hour ago, TylerJM said:

I installed the upgrade. Now no markers show, the group still has them in it, but they do not show. The list of markers on the side is empty as well. What do I need to do to fix this?

I got that the first time but after waiting a few minutes for the cache to be rebuilt, it was ok. If you see the option, when refreshing the page, to click on the option to cache the markers, it should accelerate the process. Hope it helps!

On 23.7.2017 at 2:36 PM, Edward Shephard said:

How do you change which members appear in the Staff Members sidebar please?

You can't. Those that show up on the "Staff" page will also be shown in the sidebar.

On 25.7.2017 at 1:41 AM, TylerJM said:

I installed the upgrade. Now no markers show, the group still has them in it, but they do not show. The list of markers on the side is empty as well. What do I need to do to fix this?

Is this still an issue?