Jump to content

Community

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

4.1.18.2. Tried all of that but it isn't showing the main map. Tried chrome, FF, IE, Edge, iOS phone..no map. Is it ok to uninstall and just reinstall? I'm on php 7.0.16 and have zend opcache alongw with memcache running..if that has anything to do with it. It was working though, so it's odd.

All markers will be deleted if you uninstall. 

Send me site URL and login credentials in a private message and I'll fix it for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know we can show profile files on the map pin but i have a suggestion, i want to show "member last online" on the pin i think that makes more sense than any profile field

That is the main support topic for that application. You need to state your error/issue and report it so the developer can assist.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Martin A. said:

All markers will be deleted if you uninstall. 

Send me site URL and login credentials in a private message and I'll fix it for you. 

Thank you for fixing this for me.

@Martin A. fixed some bad analytics code I had on my site that was preventing the map from displaying. He took the time to help me with this and I really appreciate it.

Edited by AlexWebsites
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, strokenetwork said:

I was the first person to add my location.  I was able to add it without problem but now several members email me because there is not a Add Location button.  One of my members sent me a screenshot of the map without the button. 

Make sure the members group have permission to add markers to the default marker group.

 

Marker_Groups.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I used IPS V3. since today and i upgrade to IPS last version : 4.1.18.2 

I had member map plugin on V3 but in the new IPS version, the system tell me Member Map is too old. So I downloaded your last version of Member Map end tried to installed it. 

But I have an issue. 

Here is the screen shot in attached file. 

 

What ca I do to have your plugin ? 

 

Thank you

Désolé__vous_n’avez_pas_la_permission_pour_cela __et_installation-instructions_pdf__page_2_sur_2_.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Régis Moscardini said:

Hi

I used IPS V3. since today and i upgrade to IPS last version : 4.1.18.2 

I had member map plugin on V3 but in the new IPS version, the system tell me Member Map is too old. So I downloaded your last version of Member Map end tried to installed it. 

But I have an issue. 

Here is the screen shot in attached file. 

 

What ca I do to have your plugin ? 

 

Thank you

You got this error while trying to upgrade from the old version? Will need to investigate this, may take some time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Régis Moscardini said:

Ok. When will it resolve ? 

 

I just tried an upgrade from IPB3 now, and that went through without an issue. If you run it again, do you get the same error?

There might be something in the error logs. Go to ACP > Support, "System Logs" on the right sidebar, then look for something that relates to "membermap".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2017 at 4:53 AM, Martin A. said:

Are you not seeing the markers at all, or just not the icon on the marker?

Where did you go to reset the permission? The proper place is ACP > Community > Member Map > Marker Groups > Members, then click the "lock" icon on the right side.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I am still not seeing markers, I also cleared cache.

http://www.thebullspen.com/membermap/

Any other thoughts?

I uploaded 3.1.8 and all appears well again.  Thanks for the app and the attention to the help needed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For some members, the street address, City, State and country displays.  For other members, the City, State and country displays.  How can the street address be removed so it does not display? 

Also, the marker I selected in Settings is not used. 

Member Map   Markers .png

Member Map   Settings Markers .png

Edited by strokenetwork
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BradTBP said:

Thanks for your suggestion, but I am still not seeing markers, I also cleared cache.

http://www.thebullspen.com/membermap/

Any other thoughts?

I uploaded 3.1.8 and all appears well again.  Thanks for the app and the attention to the help needed.

 

So, everything is fine?

 

23 minutes ago, strokenetwork said:

For some members, the street address, City, State and country displays.  For other members, the City, State and country displays.  How can the street address be removed so it does not display? 

How are those members added? Unless you specifically search for your own street address in the popup, it shouldn't show up. If it's coming from the member's profile, whatever they've entered in the profile field is used. And if they're using the geolocation option, a street address may occur, but shouldn't be spot on accurate.

The only way to remove it is to edit each of the markers. Click the "Browse Markers" button, then navigate to the markers that's showing too much information, then edit those.

23 minutes ago, strokenetwork said:

Also, the marker I selected in Settings is not used. 

The setting you're seeing there is only for markers coming from the Calendar. You should edit the marker group to change the appearance of the marker pin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

- If you select the location manually, after that you update it automatically, still the address of the manual location is shown. The user selected Lima, Peru as manual location, then changed the auto location, which detected Sofia, Bulgaria but in the pop-up still Lima is shown. 

chrome_2017-03-19_16-06-45.png

- When auto location is used is it supposed to not resolve the address as well?

- Is there any way for the user to delete a marker or only admins can do it? I cannot find the permission settings in the app...

 

Can we translate the marker coming from Calendars? I mean this string:

chrome_2017-03-19_17-07-57.png

 

Edited by jair101
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Martin A. I was testing PHP 7.1 and realised that member profile links were causing HTTP 500 on my test site. We found out that membermap 3.1.7 was the cause and upgraded to latest version. Now trying to upgrade the production site but getting following error. I think uninstalling will cause all markers to be deleted so not going that way. What can be done ?

Quote

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.3.2017 at 3:09 PM, jair101 said:

- If you select the location manually, after that you update it automatically, still the address of the manual location is shown. The user selected Lima, Peru as manual location, then changed the auto location, which detected Sofia, Bulgaria but in the pop-up still Lima is shown. 

 

- When auto location is used is it supposed to not resolve the address as well?

I'll make some changes to ensure the marker description is updated.

Quote

- Is there any way for the user to delete a marker or only admins can do it? I cannot find the permission settings in the app...

Members should be able to delete their own marker by right clicking their marker, and selecting "Delete". Admin can do this on all markers.

Quote

Can we translate the marker coming from Calendars? I mean this string:

chrome_2017-03-19_17-07-57.png

At the moment you can not. I'll get that fixed.

On 20.3.2017 at 6:26 PM, strokenetwork said:

I modified the permissions so the Guest group do not have permission to see the Member Map.  Then, I signed out of my board and clicked on the Member Map link.  I refreshed my browser and the map was still available to me as a guest.   

Make sure both your server and browser cache is refreshed. 

14 hours ago, Christian Anderl said:

Hello! We have bought Member Map. But after we set it into our site, we have error message: "API KEY REQUIRED".

This happened after updating Community version up to 4.1.19. Before this update - everything worked fine.

Please, help us to work around this!

mm.jpg

Go to ACP > Community > Member Map > Map Manager, and select a different map provider.

11 hours ago, ABGenc said:

@Martin A. I was testing PHP 7.1 and realised that member profile links were causing HTTP 500 on my test site. We found out that membermap 3.1.7 was the cause and upgraded to latest version. Now trying to upgrade the production site but getting following error. I think uninstalling will cause all markers to be deleted so not going that way. What can be done ?

Unpack the *.tar file, and manually upload it to /applications/. Then go yo <site url>/admin/upgrade to start the upgrade process. Haven't tried this personally, but that should work.

Edited by Martin A.
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Members should be able to delete their own marker by right clicking their marker, and selecting "Delete". Admin can do this on all markers.

Quote

Thanks, so obvious! It seems though that the "Delete" string is also not language abstracted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy