Subscription Enhancements

Gauravk

Just like the products in commerce, subscription should also have these features enabled.

• Discounts
  • Coupon code (not working with subscriptions, throwing gateway error)
  • Multiple renewal option in same place - Monthly and Yearly
  • Client area settings
  • Custom email

image.thumb.png.310610a12c8fb60f7e92b313a4555576.png

Throws this gateway error only if coupon code is used.

image.png.1f27725ab03e49cdaae67c3701420dbb.png

Edited by Gauravk

technically if you set a coupon to apply to all product, then it can be applied to subscription

but yes I agree we should have coupon option for subscription

also, if you manually add someone as subscriber, they don't get move back once expiration is reach, this also is an issue

when i tried 100% off it worked for me, not sure that makes a difference

again I agree with you that we should have option to apply coupon to individual subscription

if you get official response they won't be adding this, i might be able to write a plugin

Edited by Eudemon

4 minutes ago, Eudemon said:

if you get official response they won't be adding this, i might be able to write a plugin

That will be fantastic. Are you also able to add these tabs:

• Multiple renewal option in same place - Monthly and Yearly (MOST IMPORTANT)
  • Custom email (very important)
  • Client area settings (important)

I'm ready to pay in advance if you can make this plugin, irrespective of the official answer as even if that is positive they will take some time for these enhancements.

6 minutes ago, Eudemon said:

two things, enough people interested in it, and the IPS dev does not have plan to implement it

Hope you understand that latter comes with indefinite tense. It can be 1 day to 10 years..................................!

People crying on other thread since 2018 about IPS to give some love to subscription and they dont even acknowledge such post let alone giving some love.

Appreciate if you can be open with your expected number of people interested, so that I can do something to gather that interest for common good or ditch IPS dreams completely.

• 2 weeks later...

Im ready to pay 100 USD for any developer who wish to implement this and Im sure many others will offer similar value as time is of an essence here.

Nobody mind waiting with definitive date, but if IPB admins don't even respond to this since 17 days that means its faaaaar from 4.5 or 5.4 or 6.5 version even.

Maybe another 30 years in waiting or until all IPB customer goes to more proactive community providers - whichever comes first.