Custom Redirects

• 1 year later...

Thank you for creating this, wonderful for my site. I have no idea why this is NOT built into IPS.

I have a few "requests" for future implementation...

1. Log 404's on the site and list them for easy and quick fixes.
    1. Page the 404 came from
    2. The link that is a 404.
  2. Import a csv/xls of redirects to more quickly enter the redirects.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

i face some bugs for this plugin.
my website support 3 different language, english chinese and japanese.
when making the redirect i am using english language. But i found out, if i change the language to other like chinese and japanese, the redirect would not working, the url is same, but cannot redirect.
Any way to fix this situation?

Edited by cst3124
  • 4 months later...

We just remodelled our site, using pages instead of forums for online classes.  Would I be able to use this plugin to redirect the old forum to the main page for example. That way, I can still access the pages, but my members would be directed to the pages index.  

I'm assuming it would, but before I purchase, just wanted to check.

On 4/17/2022 at 7:50 PM, taxmama said:

We just remodelled our site, using pages instead of forums for online classes.  Would I be able to use this plugin to redirect the old forum to the main page for example. That way, I can still access the pages, but my members would be directed to the pages index.  

I'm assuming it would, but before I purchase, just wanted to check.

Yes, just tested and it works fine.

• 2 months later...

Hi Rebraf,

I am writing to confirm this plugin allows me to redirect to ANY URL, not just Invision Community URLS? 

My goal is to redirect from the no access invision community page to a Wordpress URL where a person can join the community.

I'm guessing this is not a problem. But wanted to confirm this before purchasing.

Thanks in advance. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Today Invision displays me this error message:

PHP8 Incompatible Customizations

We are currently in the process of migrating our platform from PHP7 to PHP8 in order to provide you with the greatest level of performance and security. We've identified one or more Applications or Plugins currently installed on your site which contain PHP8 incompatible hooks and/or subclasses. In PHP8, altering overloaded method signatures within a subclass results in a fatal error which can make a site completely inoperable. Also, our hook system relies on subclasses so this change applies to hooks as well. Therefore, this code must be either replaced with an updated version, removed, or disabled from your site as soon as possible. 

If you are not sure what this means, you must contact the Author of any listed Application or Plugin for an updated version. If you cannot update to a PHP8 compatible version, the Application or Plugin will have to be disabled or removed.

I have only Custom Redirects and 2 others extensions installed on my system. Could you, please, tell me if yours is PHP8 compatible or not?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A 410 response code is not suitable for a redirect - redirect header codes should be in the 3xx range. 

I would suggest if you want to serve a 410 response instead of a 404 response when content is gone that you should probably seek out (or commission) a plugin specifically designed for that functionality. Unfortunately I don’t think it falls in line with the intention and purpose of this plugin.