People getting email when they shouldn't

With moving to Amazon SES, I recieve messages when a member's email bounces. Most often it is someone who hasn't been on in over a year, so I get into their preferences and turn off their notifications. I also get messages about complaints.

Recently I received a complaint about receiving email. But I see that I already turned off all their notifications and email in december. And yet they received an email of our "digest" of posts. This would be simple enough to delete this member, but I need to make sure it isn't emailing people who shouldn't be emailed. Not just the people who are no longer active members, but also the members who are active, but still turned off their email.

@The_Mage This is a little confusing currently but turning off notifications does not turn off notifications for subscribed posts.

They (or you) have to unbsubscribe them from the content they follow.

image.png.64d04705f1c9f6a4e1e75af6d510f2b0.png

Unfortunately you have to go to each content type and unsubscribe from each of the topics/forums etc or choose "Do not send me notifications" for them instead.

Ah yes, I missed that. Thanks, that helps a lot.

Do wish there was a way to just turn off all notifications for a member at one time, rather than select each and every item. Then fixing this requires me to log in as them to find the content, and remove it.

My other option is to delete the member, and I am reluctant to do that.