Global Ignore List - Techy Goes to Coventry & Ignored Log

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting for sure ... could you also set it up for a particular thread to be ignored as well?

Some issues are just contentious ... and you don't necessarily want to ignore the person ... just the topic to a select group of people.

Is this a possibility as well?

On 4/29/2020 at 5:37 AM, Paul E. said:

Minor note... It was Tachy who went to Coventry. 😁

This would be much nicer if management of the ability to mark who was globally ignored were handled as a consequence to warnings and permission to do so granted as the moderator group level rather than a list of IDs.

Good start though!

I had missed your post. Somehow I did not receive a notification. Anyways, thank you for the correction regarding the name. I edited the title to reflect the right terminology.

Can you please tell me what do you mean by the rest of your post btw? I am not sure that I understand. 

2 hours ago, BostonBob said:

Interesting for sure ... could you also set it up for a particular thread to be ignored as well?

Some issues are just contentious ... and you don't necessarily want to ignore the person ... just the topic to a select group of people.

Is this a possibility as well?

If I understood you correctly you want a certain topic to be set to a global ignored list for certain members? I am not sure that it can be done that way. 

47 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

Can you please tell me what do you mean by the rest of your post btw?

Cheers!

I meant to say that it would be nice if you could treat this like other consequences--made it a tab in the moderator CP under banning and integrate it into the warning system.

Basically, make it available the same way that bans currently are to moderators instead of just typing in a list of ID numbers.

1 hour ago, Paul E. said:

Cheers!

I meant to say that it would be nice if you could treat this like other consequences--made it a tab in the moderator CP under banning and integrate it into the warning system.

Basically, make it available the same way that bans currently are to moderators instead of just typing in a list of ID numbers.

I see that you mean. I have plans to update this, but I am waiting for Ipb 4.5. first to reach the stable phase. 

• 1 month later...

Nice, good one,

It works, but not flawless. The topic of a global ignored member don't show up, unless someone else was or is involved:
- Someone (A) answers to the post of a member (B), who is being globally ignored afterwards. The topics still show up in the unread topic list of the member A.
- The global ignored member answers to a topic, which he didn't open. He posts answers to existing topics. His Avatar is shown in the forum view and his timestamp is shown mingled with the last poster, who is not ignored globally - see:

As you can see the member's name starting with N not M. User M is globally ignored, User N not. 14 hours ago is the timestamp of user M.  
User M answered to an existing topic.

@Miss_B: Could you please verify and fix? 

Thank you,
Thomas

11 hours ago, Thomas P said:

Nice, good one,

It works, but not flawless. The topic of a global ignored member don't show up, unless someone else was or is involved:
- Someone (A) answers to the post of a member (B), who is being globally ignored afterwards. The topics still show up in the unread topic list of the member A.
- The global ignored member answers to a topic, which he didn't open. He posts answers to existing topics. His Avatar is shown in the forum view and his timestamp is shown mingled with the last poster, who is not ignored globally - see:

80.11 kB · 0 downloads

As you can see the member's name starting with N not M. User M is globally ignored, User N not. 14 hours ago is the timestamp of user M.  

Thank you,
Thomas

I will look into this in the week end and get back to you. 

On 6/11/2020 at 11:34 PM, Thomas P said:

Nice, good one,

80.11 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you,
Thomas

The first part is not an issue. The posts/topics of the tachy members will be hidden from the time that the setting to enable/add globaly ignored members is enabled. 

The second part I could not reproduce in my testing. Would you mind to pm me a test account to your forum so I could see it there first hand?

I guess we have a misunderstanding for the first part, we can discuss that later on.

You can see the second issue in action here:

https://www.mcseboard.de/topic/218142-editionswechsel-von-standard-auf-express-möglich/
As you can see the last poster in this topic is NilsK (1), has posted on Sunday June 7 (2) and has a profile picture with his photo (3).
This data should be shown everywhere.
When looking on the subforum view you can see the wrong profile picture (letter M of the ignored member) and date (Thursday June 11):
https://www.mcseboard.de/forum/81-ms-sql-server-forum/

Sure: I'll send you a test account. 🙂

Thanks Miss B

Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 07.25.16.png

Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 07.26.29.png

Who is the real last poster in that topic? The Tachy user M or Nils? With my test account the Tachy user did not show up, which is the supposed behaviour. 

P.s. Can you please post a screenshot of the app 's setting page as well?

Edited by Miss_B

The tachy user is M, which has posted the topic "Datenbankinhalte vergleichen" (hidden in second screenshot) and an answer to the topic "Editionswechsel...".
He is the real last poster, it is his time stamp in the second screenshot and his profile picture shown though. 

• 3 weeks later...

@Miss_B I purchased this and it works as advertised with one exception.

If the offender's post in a thread is hidden from view and then the thread goes on to the next page.  Non-Admin posters will see that there is a new page but when they go to click on the page they are shown an error that says:

Sorry, there is a problem

There are no posts to show
Error code: 2F173/L

Admin's will see the last post in the thread on the new page but because there is 1 post hidden from view to everyone else to them there should only be 1 page worth of posts but they are seeing that there is a second page and when they attempt to go to that page they are shown the error.

Are you aware of this behaviour?

Edited by Demonland31
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 12:45 PM, Demonland31 said:

If the offender's post in a thread is hidden from view and then the thread goes on to the next page.  Non-Admin posters will see that there is a new page but when they go to click on the page they are shown an error that says:

Admin's will see the last post in the thread on the new page but because there is 1 post hidden from view to everyone else to them there should only be 1 page worth of posts but they are seeing that there is a second page and when they attempt to go to that page they are shown the error.

Hello,

I will look into this soon and I will get back to you. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 8:45 PM, Demonland31 said:

On 7/20/2020 at 8:44 PM, Miss_B said:

Hello,

I will look into this soon and I will get back to you. 

I re-installed your software to check if this is still a problem that persists and yes the issue is still the same.

The software does hide the posts of the "global ignored" poster from view but if there are 2 pages of posts in a thread and you take out the globally ignored posters posts from that thread making the thread only 1 page in length the thread will still show everyone that it is 2 pages but produce an error when they go to the second page.

The software is somewhat successful but the error messages make the user experience annoying and make users question why.

When an admin manually hides a post from view the post count and thread post/page count is adjusted and no error messages appear. This software needs to do the same.

I would not be complaining if the software was free but I did pay $15.

I'm not asking for money back and the software is needed and has a lot of potential. I just can't use it in it's current form and I hope you are able to fix this issue that is still around.