Is there a way to designate an IP address as "safe"?

I'm working with someone who I want to be able to post on the forum, but he's having issues registering.  Someone who has been giving me tech guidance thinks the system has flagged his IP address as a spammer.  Can I somehow tell the system to trust his IP address so he can register?

You can see the IP addresses you've banned, if any, from Admin CP > Members > Ban Settings > IP Addresses, if the issue is Invision specific. However, depending on your configuration (i.e. if you are using something like Cloudflare), or if your host provides options for you to restrict traffic to your web server, there may be other places where the traffic is restricted.

Issues registering could be other problems, however, as well. Does the individual get a specific error message they could share with you? It may also be the IPS Spam Defense service if you have that enabled. See this guide for details: 

If that's the case, you can modify your community settings to let flagged accounts register and then manually unban the user, assuming you have ban member ticked, or whitelist the e-mail address following the steps here:

Good luck!

Thanks for the detailed guidance!

I've never blocked anyone, as the site isn't formally launched yet.  I want the individual in question to help me seed the site with some content before I start marketing it.  Mainly because at the moment I'm the only poster, so my face shows up all over the site and it looks pretty ridiculous, lol.  

At first he was getting an error about configuration or service errors.  The guy who set up the site for me fixed that issue, but then the guy trying to post was not receiving the registration email (he tried to register a few accounts in succession).  That led my tech guy to suggest the site might be blocking his IP address.  Which would make sense, because the attempt to register several accounts would in fact make him look like a spammer.

I just discovered a conflict within my settings (see error message below) that might have prevented registration emails from going out.  I think I've fixed that problem, but now I realize there are a couple of dozen registrants (mostly friends) who may have never received registration emails.  I guess I'll touch base with them and see if they received the registration email.  If not, maybe there is a way to resend the registration emails?  

Being tech challenged really sucks in situations like this, lol.  

You have required custom profile fields set to show on a registration form. The quick registration form will not show these. We recommend that you either choose 'Yes, with full registration form' or set up profile completion steps for the required fields.

34 minutes ago, Admin 1 said:

If not, maybe there is a way to resend the registration emails?  

Navigate to Admin CP > Members > Members. From there click on the account they registered, you'll see "this member has not yet responded to validation e-mail". You'll have three options there: Approve (you can manually approve without having them click the link in their e-mail, Resend validation e-mail (which is the option you're asking for), and Ban (bans the user outright).

You'll also want to do one of three things:

1. Use the full registration form
  2. Make the custom profile fields optional and keep the quick registration form
  3. Consider using the profile completion option to have members fill out the additional profile fields once registration is complete. More here: