• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there - I've just installed this. Looks to be working fine until I go to submit a book, at which point I get an error message with the following technical log ... 
IPS\Http\Request\CurlException: https://www.amazon..co.uk/dp/1472973569/ref=nosim?tag=thevestry-21
Could not resolve host: www.amazon..co.uk (6)
#0 /var/www/html/107505/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(422): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_execute()
#1 /var/www/html/107505/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(298): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_executeAndFollowRedirects('GET', NULL)
#2 /var/www/sitefiles/v324652/applications/books/modules/front/books/view.php(111): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->get()
#3 /var/www/html/107505/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\books\modules\front\books\_view->manage()
#4 /var/www/html/107505/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/sitefiles/v324652/applications/books/modules/front/books/view.php(40): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/107505/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\books\modules\front\books\_view->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/107505/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

That did it! thank you. 

Next question - should there be a link for people to buy the books through the affiliate link? I don't seem to have any means for people to click and buy anything, which I was hoping for. 

Oh that's weird - I now have a "Buy this book" button suddenly appeared. Well that's sorted. Didn't do anything though - maybe it updated from Amazon??

What's New in Version 1.3.0:

• Rework in book view tabs template to display information about the books and not just the cover
  • Add a new setting to control how many books will be displayed in the book view tabs
  • Add ability to add books directly in the book view tabs
  • Add book records to the stock Similar Content widget
  • Script adjustments to handle creation/deletion/diplaying of thumbnails across the app

288601895_Screenshot2023-01-08at18-26-30

Hi there - I've been trying to add some books from Amazon which only have an ASIN number, not an ISBN number. They're not importing. Is there a difference between ASIN and ISBN? I thought they might be the same. 

Any plans to be able to include ASIN if this is a feature issue which is missing? 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - new issue discovered which is only apparently affecting one of my users. 

I've logged in as them and it's not affecting me when I am acting as them, but for her it is doing it every time. 

She is using the Submit Book button, and entering a legitimate 10-digit ISBN (I know it's legit because when I try it it works fine). The books autofills for her on the submit screen, and she submits it. Then she gets an error message and when I look at the book (it is registering in the database and the book thumbnail is listed and available to be clicked on) I get this screen: 

IPS\Http\Request\CurlException: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/9781529377989
Operation timed out after 3000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received (28)
#0 /var/www/html/107601/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(422): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_execute()
#1 /var/www/html/107601/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(298): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_executeAndFollowRedirects('GET', NULL)
#2 /var/www/sitefiles/v324652/applications/books/modules/front/books/view.php(111): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->get()
#3 /var/www/html/107601/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\books\modules\front\books\_view->manage()
#4 /var/www/html/107601/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/sitefiles/v324652/applications/books/modules/front/books/view.php(40): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/107601/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\books\modules\front\books\_view->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/107601/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

That's the error read out for the admin. When she looks at the book she gets error code EX28 apparently. 

What's really weird is these are meant to be linking to amazon.co.uk, but the first line in the error message here says barnesandnoble.com. 

I've asked her to try this in Edge and Firefox as well as her usual Chrome. I've asked her to check Chrome is updated. 

Only other thing I can tell you is she is using BitDefender. I asked her to turn that off and try again. 

Anything she tries from her computer ends up with the same error message being generated. When I sign in as her on my computer everything works fine. 

Any ideas at all? 

Edited by EvanDC
5 minutes ago, EvanDC said:

What's really weird is these are meant to be linking to amazon.co.uk, but the first line in the error message here says barnesandnoble.com. 

There's nothing weird here. 9781529377989 has 13 digits. 13 digits will create a link to Barnes and Noble as stated in a lot of places in this topic/file.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Brilliant - mystery solved! Thank you. 

She told me she was using the 10 digit ISBN. I had told her to copy and paste it from Amazon. Turns out she's been entering the ISBN from the back of her physical books!!! So I was double checking using the ISBN-10 from Amazon, thinking that's what she was doing, she though was entering either the whole ISBN-13 or taking off the first three numbers of it, straight from the back of her books. 

Sheesh! Thanks Adriano!! 

• 3 months later...

Thanks Adriano, tried clearing cache several times but no luck and there are images in the /uploads/books folder. I added another book into the addon and both the full image and thumb image were added to the folder ok, The image is shown in the actual book page and the thumb is shown on the widget on my discover page but the thumbs are not shown on the books main page i.e. the What's New Block and Random Books sidebar block.

Could contain: File, Person, Page, Text, Webpage

Could contain: Page, Text

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...