Zooming and panning Gallery images

smb

Please could you introduce a feature in the Gallery that allows for zooming-in, panning around and zooming out on the Gallery images displayed?

Kids these days - (by which I mean anyone under 40!) - will not touch a website with a bargepole if they can't even zoom the images... I know, because I have two 20'ish daughters. Both of whom are interested in art and photography, (my website theme). Both of them are staying at home with nothing better to do right now - and I actually have to pay them an hourly rate to even spend any of their precious time on my site!!

None' of their friends are interested, either... If they can't just do that thing with the index finger and thumb to zoom-in and out and pan around images on their cellphones, then they won't waste any further time on the site.

This is a bit of a problem for me...

I think it's to do with that "Lightbox" thing in the Gallery? It used to be possible to disable that thing in the ACP.

Zooming and panning around images in blog posts works fine...

Hi there,

I never understood why they ignored all the feedback about how there is no enable/disable toggle and it shows such a small image and makes navigation difficult. There is a third party Marketplace plug-in that disables the absolute abomination that is the v4.4 Lightbox. You'll probably need to renew your IPS License to be able to get it if you have one.

Edited by The Old Man

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, I'm not to good with plug-ins and all that stuff. I usually end-up making a mess of things - and then I get a "mild telling-off"-  (if I am lucky!) - when I have to raise a support ticket to help me sort things out...

I'm prepared to wait for this but I really would like some kind of assurance from IPS that they are either going to sort that Lightbox thing out - or put a simple global toggle on/off facility in the ACP, so that I can do away with it altogether.