Modern Gallery Homepage Support

9 hours ago, OliverKapunkt said:

Sry, but that's not real masonry, just simple flexbox rows and a lot of images don't look "nicely" in your demo.

bug.png

That one particular image is thumbnail sized.

Admittedly, this layout is only going to look nice if you have large-ish dimension images. If your image uploads are all quite small (short), this layout isn't for you.

1 hour ago, rebraf said:

That one particular image is thumbnail sized.

Admittedly, this layout is only going to look nice if you have large-ish dimension images. If your image uploads are all quite small (short), this layout isn't for you.

I'm glad I read this because I was just about to buy.  The infinite scrolling is something our site has needed for a long time, however, we run an art site and our images can vary from tiny 40x40 pixel artwork to large 3000px+ wallpapers.  If you ever update it to work nicely with all image sizes, I'd be interested. 

• 3 weeks later...

@rebraf 

1. Does this simply load all recent images?  If yes, then is this simply a recent images block, like at the bottom of a category?  

2.  Is there any way to differentiate albums?  If a user uploads 100 images per albums, that will flood the block.  

3.  The infinite scroll does not work on your demo.  

13 hours ago, Joel R said:

1. Does this simply load all recent images?  If yes, then is this simply a recent images block, like at the bottom of a category?  

Yes, the homepage will be a stream of all recent images (that you have permission to view).

2.  Is there any way to differentiate albums?  If a user uploads 100 images per albums, that will flood the block.  

It's not exactly a "block" - again, the intention is that the homepage is effectively replaced with a stream of images. It doesn't matter what album or category those images are in.

3.  The infinite scroll does not work on your demo.  

Try now?

On 4/13/2020 at 9:01 AM, rebraf said:

It's not exactly a "block" - again, the intention is that the homepage is effectively replaced with a stream of images. It doesn't matter what album or category those images are in.

One problem that I've consistently encountered with the stream of images is that when users are uploading large albums, it completely dominates the widget.  

Edited by Joel R

Is it possible to change Albums listings? I really like how it looks but actually we want to do something similar but for albums.

We got site from CG people, the problem for us is people - we are using Albums - every user is uploading image or few images using gallery "albums". Is it possible to change view of album listing - just to show cover and when you click on it - it will show content of albums as usual?

• 7 months later...

While this app idea is great unfortunately comes with pretty serious limitation that makes the plugin unusable. Only thing that I would like to see is that all images are contained like this

1735987429_Screenshot2020-11-22221516.thumb.jpg.a0257f1c3a9d2ccc281fdedff462e14d.jpg

And also View Categories doesn't lead to actual categories but instead to the old style Gallery. It kind makes no sense! 😞 

Is this something you can work on?

Tnx

Edited by C4D Cafe

I am under the assumption you're stating that you want all images to be equal in size and dimension? If so, that's not what this plugin intended to accomplish I'm afraid. Instead, the plugin aims to give you a masonry-style layout where images fill the available space but display in different sizes.

The "View categories" link should show the "old style" gallery, which is the list of categories as the home page. I'm not clear what you are asking for there specifically?

Let me put it like this...if we would take all the functions of current default Gallery and add your continues loading of images feature, then that Gallery would make sense. At the moment default or yours gallery makes no sense if you ask me. Default because we are stuck with limitation of how many images to show and in yours, all those images simply doesn't fit nicely to any of the themes, simply because the way images are stacked are design wise terrible. I am sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but masonry first of all means nothing, and the second thing, you have a great feature that is blocked by the way how gallery shows the images and that's why people don't like it. There is a big potential you just need to make some changes otherwise its hardly usable for everyone. 

Edited by C4D Cafe

Like this...

117902706_Screenshot2020-11-26204550.thumb.jpg.3c9acd2adf4986e39d5fcada0e41f8e2.jpg

As you can see here, images have different resolution but they are properly contained in a row. So either that behavior or behavior that VORTEX666 showed here

1156059492_Screenshot2020-11-26204844.thumb.jpg.de9387773de97c26f5d4a03e6403ccd9.jpg

I am fine with both ways, as long as they have continuous loading...  🙂 

18 hours ago, rebraf said:

Would I be correct to summarize your feedback as you would like the homepage implementation I have, but you want all images to be forced to specific proportions/cropped, rather than displaying at their natural proportions?

I would say yes! 🙂 

On 11/26/2020 at 2:51 PM, C4D Cafe said:

Like this...

117902706_Screenshot2020-11-26204550.thumb.jpg.3c9acd2adf4986e39d5fcada0e41f8e2.jpg

As you can see here, images have different resolution but they are properly contained in a row. So either that behavior or behavior that VORTEX666 showed here

I'm not really clear....this is how the plugin behaves already.

image.thumb.png.bba9b65562d78fbe7062d467705b9d9f.png

Different proportions, but contained within a row. I fear I'm missing something but I can't pinpoint what.

• 7 months later...