Automatic renewal and licensing

Hello,

I'm new on IPS, and Ihave some questions about the billing, so sorry in advance if the answers are already availble on the forum, but I couldn't find them:

I opted for the self hosted license, and payed using paypal. I'm not interesed in renewing the support after 6 months, and I didn't find any option on the client area nor on paypal for disableing the automatic renewal. does it mean that I will be charged after 6 months anyway ?

If not, and the renewal is not activated, I understand that I won't have any further access to the support, but :

Can I keep using IPS after the 6 moths delay? or the license will be expired and the forum locked ?

If I can keep using IPS. Will I get the minor updates anyways? Or I will be stuck with the latest version Availble before the 6 moths experiacy ?

Same question for additionnal plugins/applications:

i'm interested in getting some applications, but I would like first to know if the renewal after  6 months is automatic, because it is always dispalyed in the checkout (see belox), or can it be disabled ?

image.png.592de03aeb62388c966a6a1bdccf0650.png

Is the renewal required for getting only support, or support and future updates ? (What I mean: Is it possible to get application updates without renewal?)

If I don't renew the license, Am I allowed to keep using the application ? or it will be locked ?

Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, PizzaNapo said:

What I mean: Is it possible to get application updates without renewal?

No. 

7 minutes ago, PizzaNapo said:

If I don't renew the license, Am I allowed to keep using the application ? or it will be locked ?

You can keep using it in your board. You just won’t be able to download new versions. 

Same answer for official IPS apps + you won’t be able to submit support requests in Client Area.

3 minutes ago, PizzaNapo said:

Hello,

I'm new on IPS, and Ihave some questions about the billing, so sorry in advance if the answers are already availble on the forum, but I couldn't find them:

I opted for the self hosted license, and payed using paypal. I'm not interesed in renewing the support after 6 months, and I didn't find any option on the client area nor on paypal for disableing the automatic renewal. does it mean that I will be charged after 6 months anyway ?

If not, and the renewal is not activated, I understand that I won't have any further access to the support, but :

Can I keep using IPS after the 6 moths delay? or the license will be expired and the forum locked ?

If I can keep using IPS. Will I get the minor updates anyways? Or I will be stuck with the latest version Availble before the 6 moths experiacy ?

Same question for additionnal plugins/applications:

i'm interested in getting some applications, but I would like first to know if the renewal after  6 months is automatic, because it is always dispalyed in the checkout (see belox), or can it be disabled ?

image.png.592de03aeb62388c966a6a1bdccf0650.png

Is the renewal required for getting only support, or support and future updates ? (What I mean: Is it possible to get application updates without renewal?)

Thanks in advance.

The Invision Community license allows you to continue to use your community after license expiry with the version that you downloaded when your license was active. An expired license does not have access to updates, technical support or other services such as our spam defense service.

The same applies to the Marketplace purchases, you can continue to use the version you have downloaded but you will not have access to updates.

Unless you explicitly agreed to being billing in future (an option we only have available via Credit card payments at this time) you will not be automatically billed for renewals.

Our Marketplace does not auto-bill you for renewals, you must pay those invoices when they are generated if you want to renew them.

5 hours ago, PizzaNapo said:

Many thanks for your clear answers.

In this case, correct me if i'm wrong, there is nothing to do on my side (paypal payment) for disabling the renewal of IPS licensing.

Thanks again.

That is correct, your license will expire at the end of the period unless you manually pay the renewal invoice that will be sent to you.

[For anyone else reading this in future: if you opt-in to storing credit card details for future purchases, you will be automatically billed when the renewal period comes around]

18 minutes ago, Diyhrt said:

Maybe you can answer my support ticket #45158

I have a plugin Classified system, renewal is $20 each year. But I didn’t like the plugin, never going to renew it. I had $ 11,60 in my market place credit in my account. When the renewal came up for this plugin script some automatic renewal from your system stole my last $11,60 from my account. Please tell me how this is possible?
You say! 
Marketplace does not auto-bill you for renewals, you must pay those invoices when they are generated if you want to renew them

But it did!

That was directly in response to the customer specifically asking about paying via PayPal.

Account credit is always used to pay any pending invoices, this is how our Commerce platform works. Your ticket is currently assigned to a manager, they will respond as soon as possible.