OAuth

Can members login into an IPS powered site by using OAuth?

I'm trying to understand this method, as I am seeking notifications to be made for my webview app so that users can get their own specific ones. If a user logs in with OAuth via the app, it can generate a registrationToken that can be used. 

12 hours ago, Joey_M said:

Can members login into an IPS powered site by using OAuth?

I'm trying to understand this method, as I am seeking notifications to be made for my webview app so that users can get their own specific ones. If a user logs in with OAuth via the app, it can generate a registrationToken that can be used. 

Yes, you can enable OAuth 2 server functionality in AdminCP > System > REST & OAuth. You would need to create an OAuth client with the appropriate configuration for your integration.

The access token can then be used to access the REST API for account information (i.e. /core/me). We've also got some further documentation for that here: https://invisioncommunity.com/developers/rest-api

10 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

@Stuart Silvester: How do you call the API parameters via Firebase?

I don't know if you're allowed to help, but if anyone can I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm not too familiar with Firebase or how it works, but you would send a normal GET HTTP request to the API with the access token as a bearer token in a Authorization header.

"invalid_client" suggests you're either passing the wrong client_id value or not passing it at all.

When you create an OAuth client in Invision Community, you get a basic 'profile' & 'email' scope that should be sufficient for OAuth (notice the 'Authorized User' section already has the /core/me endpoint available.