Payment plans

I am preparing to launch my store today, which contains a program that can be paid for all at once or quarterly or monthly. For that, I have five different products, differing by payment plan. I set these up on recurring payments, but then it occurred to me that there is no "end date" on these payments. Customers sign up for three payments or nine payments, but the payments will keep cycling automatically unless I manually stop them on my end. If I mess up on that, it doesn't do much for customer confidence. 

That’s a pretty big issue for me. I want this to be as automatic as possible, so I don’t have to manage each individual payment plan manually, but I’m afraid that presenting the customer with multiple steps creates a lot of frustration for them. (And also more set-up for me.)

Any chance of “expiration dates” getting written into the code in the near future?

Surely this has to be a feature that can be implemented. Neither in products in the store, nor in subscriptions does there seem to be a way to create say a one year subscription to a product or forum that ends after a year. Or even a subscription that ends after a specific date.

What is up with that? If I have to do this manually, which can be incredibly time consuming if I have more than a handful of how do I cancel a customer's subscription, this is totally unwieldy.

• 3 weeks later...