How to shutdown ALL email

Hi,

I just installed the new version fo the forum software, and now we are getting people using the forum to send out huge numbers of spam emails ... many thousands. How can I shutdown ALL email capability in the forum until such time I can figure out what is going on?

... I want to disable the forum from sending any emails whatsoever. 

Thanks!

5 hours ago, bfarber said:

You can add the following to your constants.php (create one starting with <?php and a newline if you don't have one yet):

\define( 'EMAIL_DEBUG_PATH', '/dev/null' );

Is this the fix in 4.5 referred to in the above link? Or is this just to stop all outgoing Mail?

That constant is available currently and prevents all emails from being sent (they are logged to the path defined, but /dev/null on a Linux box just discards the file).

I want to disable the forum from sending any emails whatsoever. 

In reference to the "share topic" spam concern some clients have raised, a patch was released today to address this concern.

I also experienced this. I had to turn off all email sharing for groups as we sent out 1.5 MILLION spam emails. It was Russian-related?? 

If Sendgrid wasn't so cool, they could have charged me $10,000 for the overages. I'm not exaggerating - that's what they quoted me. Luckily they reversed it. 

Thank you to the IPB team as well for pointing me in the right direction. Was super freaked out there.