Signature Font-Size

Hello there,

I am currently facing an issue with signature's font-size not having a server-side check to prevent signatures like that 0hoNR7F.png

The font-size shown here is 2000px and someone can manage to do that by simply editing the request sent when you save the signature. Is there anything to do to limit this?

I’m certain HTML input is always validated server-side. But mostly for security reasons. You would need a kind of artificial intelligence program to decide what visually breaks the output somehow. There are thousands of things one can do with HTML styling that other readers or the admin wouldn’t want. Personally, I would just deal with that through moderation. 

You can't disable the WYSIWYG editor BUT you can limit height of signatures by adding this to your custom.css:

[data-role="memberSignature"] {
  max-height: 430px;
  overflow: hidden;
}

It's what I do on my site because I have a max-signature height rule of 400px (because people go crazy with images too loves, even if they get just one). You have to add the extra 30px because it includes the hr and margin in the section so they get their true height.

6 hours ago, Morrigan said:

You can't disable the WYSIWYG editor BUT you can limit height of signatures by adding this to your custom.css:

[data-role="memberSignature"] {
  max-height: 430px;
  overflow: hidden;
}

It's what I do on my site because I have a max-signature height rule of 400px (because people go crazy with images too loves, even if they get just one). You have to add the extra 30px because it includes the hr and margin in the section so they get their true height.

Yeah, I had the same solution but I just wanted to see if it was possible to do it otherwise. I currently have overflow set to auto. Thank you though for the input 🙂

Edited by Jock3r