Community

Has the Coronavirus effected your life?

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a reminder that we should review this topic in a year's time and let history judge us. China had a fairly low mortality rate once they got in front of it because of many reasons (welding peopl

Takes my sister 2 

Some baffling responses here. 🙂  I think some of the responses here simply derive from a concerning pattern in society: shortsightedness. We have a nasty habit of focusing on the NOW without rega

Posted Images

@Nathan ExplosionThoughts go out to you and yours and hope that your recovery is a speedy one from here on.  We're back into full lockdown now in the UK with a 'Stay at Home' message being drummed into people - all except the Covidiots who will just ignore the guidelines, rules and laws designed to flatten this little bugger and get us back into a sense of normality.

Thankfully, we have the vaccines rolling out now, but man what a logistical challenge it's going to be to vaccinate near on 70 million people (minus the antivaxers). Light at the end of the tunnel at last, unless something blows it all out of the water again.

Stay safe all, and those who are suffering from this heinous thing, thoughts go out to you all for a speedy recovery.

Edited by Davyc
On 1/4/2021 at 11:53 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Into my second week with this thing - my thoughts go out to those who still think that this is "just the flu" because it is most definitely not. Had a good day yesterday but f*** me, this morning I am back to square one again. OOOFFFF!!

Wishing you a quick and speedy recovery. 🙏

15 hours ago, SC36DC said:

Wishing you a quick and speedy recovery. 🙏

On 1/5/2021 at 4:50 PM, Davyc said:

@Nathan ExplosionThoughts go out to you and yours and hope that your recovery is a speedy one from here on.

Cheers guys - definitely not something I would wish on my own worst enemy (maybe!!?)

Definitely feel like it's coming to an end now though, for me, as my coughing is now the only irritant apart from the occasional loss of energy that has crept in to the mix over the last 2 days. My wife is a few days behind me with her symptoms, and is not having a great time due to asthma....getting there though.

23 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Cheers guys - definitely not something I would wish on my own worst enemy (maybe!!?)

Definitely feel like it's coming to an end now though, for me, as my coughing is now the only irritant apart from the occasional loss of energy that has crept in to the mix over the last 2 days. My wife is a few days behind me with her symptoms, and is not having a great time due to asthma....getting there though.

Fast recovery ... We humans are stronger than viruses ...🙂

Just lost a cousin to COVID. It’s most certainly not pretty. 

With vaccines there is hope on the horizon, but we’re not going to get the curve going downward for a while. It won’t be an instant saving grace that some purport in the news. 2021 is going to be rough as well, but hopefully we can really kick off the recovery. 

I love the COVIDIOTS name. That’s my new favorite word. Cheers. 

It is soooooo frustrating to see people, hear and read people that say covid-19 is a hoax. I lack the correct words to express what I really feel about it, I just want to swear.

I have no been able to see my mom for more the a year and I do my best to take care of my dad that has Alzheimer and hallucinations.

I do what I have to do to keep my class and my family safe, and yet some yahoos think it is not real and spread it like wildfire...  

I just received a text this morning from an old school friend who contracted Covid back in November, he's still suffering now, but thankfully getting better slowly.

The jokers out there that think it's a hoax need to either engage their brains or get one.  Those who blabber on about how death rates are very low, and most people only have mild symptoms - they should take a look inside an ICU ward that is bursting at the seams and close to being overrun, they should take a look at those who are not suffering mild symptoms whose lives have been turned upside down.  Take a look at the exhausted doctors and nurses, the ambulance crews, paramedics and GPs who are all close to breaking point.  Take a good hard look at Governments struggling to protect their people, their health systems and keep their economies running and huge debts mounting up.

There are people who need routine surgery, cancer patients who need treatments - but they can't get that treatment because the health systems and hospitals are chock full of Covid patients taking their time away from these routine operations; they can't be in two places at once and there is no unlimited supply of doctors, nurses, beds, or ventilators.

People need to get a grip and understand that this is the most serious issue the world has succumbed to in over a 100 years and it is impacting on all lives.  Just do as you are being asked to do and we can beat this little bugger into the ground, but just keep ignoring the advice and believing this is something trivial and we are all going to have to live with this far longer than needed.

In the UK the message is clear and simple - Stay at home, protect the NHS (National Health Service) and save lives.  It couldn't be simpler.  Add to that wear a mask when you do go out and keep your distance from others. Don't mix households.  You should only see essential workers or people in your support bubble.  It's not rocket science, but ... people! 😞

Stay well, stay safe and just do as you're being asked to do.

• Management

It stuns me that there are some people who still, a year later, believe this is a hoax, or massively over represented. Then again, kids 30 years ago in my school class who messed around in class and told me that they'll never need maths are now struggling with how percentages work when misunderstanding the pandemic data.

6 hours ago, Davyc said:

I just received a text this morning from an old school friend who contracted Covid back in November, he's still suffering now, but thankfully getting better slowly.

The jokers out there that think it's a hoax need to either engage their brains or get one.  Those who blabber on about how death rates are very low, and most people only have mild symptoms - they should take a look inside an ICU ward that is bursting at the seams and close to being overrun, they should take a look at those who are not suffering mild symptoms whose lives have been turned upside down.  Take a look at the exhausted doctors and nurses, the ambulance crews, paramedics and GPs who are all close to breaking point.  Take a good hard look at Governments struggling to protect their people, their health systems and keep their economies running and huge debts mounting up.

There are people who need routine surgery, cancer patients who need treatments - but they can't get that treatment because the health systems and hospitals are chock full of Covid patients taking their time away from these routine operations; they can't be in two places at once and there is no unlimited supply of doctors, nurses, beds, or ventilators.

People need to get a grip and understand that this is the most serious issue the world has succumbed to in over a 100 years and it is impacting on all lives.  Just do as you are being asked to do and we can beat this little bugger into the ground, but just keep ignoring the advice and believing this is something trivial and we are all going to have to live with this far longer than needed.

In the UK the message is clear and simple - Stay at home, protect the NHS (National Health Service) and save lives.  It couldn't be simpler.  Add to that wear a mask when you do go out and keep your distance from others. Don't mix households.  You should only see essential workers or people in your support bubble.  It's not rocket science, but ... people! 😞

Stay well, stay safe and just do as you're being asked to do.

There are some idiots out there for sure.

I think some of the problem though is that a lot of people are very detached from the situation.

Myself for example live in rural Suffolk. Not much has really changed around here. The only thing that really bothers us is not going out to eat. I had a baby just before the start of pandemic. She has had to have a few kidney scans since birth, also a small operation to remove a cyst. We waited a week for that. My elderly mother has been in and out of hospital for loads of tests throughout this whole ordeal, again with minimal wait times. So for a lot of people in my situation its probably a little bit out of their imagination to believe that other parts of the country are actually having these crisis's that we hear about on the news.

5 hours ago, Davyc said:

Check this out and get it first hand just how bad things are.

I think this was a pretty poor news report in as far is it just encourages the covidiots. On one scene a nurse is complaining that they have 4-5 patients per nurse, then on another clip they show 7 nurses standing around seemingly not doing much. Could have been done better.

1 hour ago, Steve Bullman said:

Could have been done better.

Well, it is the BBC lol.  As for the nurses standing around, I missed that, but if they were they could have been discussing who does what next - I wouldn't assume that they're doing nothing, even if it appears so.

As for your own situation, I hope your baby girl is doing better and is over the worst of her issues, same for your mother.  I know what it's like having an elderly relative, I was a full-time carer for my mother for 10 years and even in the best of times they can be a worry, but then you don't mind because it's the right thing to do,

Rural areas are most likely spared the worst of what's going on, especially if where you live is sparsely populated. I would imagine your biggest worry would be idiots coming in from outside as tourists, to do whatever. 

Because this situation is rammed down our throats every day, I would say that many people are numbed and think it's OK to do whatever they feel like doing, but to me that is a lack of self-discipline, based on possible ignorance or a failure to understand the gravity of the situation. I don't believe we should be making excuses for people who can't grasp or get a grip on what's going on, rather the issue should be explained in terms that they can understand, how that could be done is beyond me and I don't envy one little bit those who have to make the big decisions that affect our daily lives.

The sooner this is put to rest the better and hopefully with the vaccines (another has been approved in the UK today making three so far) we will see an end to this tragic time 🙂

Any reasonable person would surmise that the nurses weren't literally doing nothing, but covidiots aren't particularly reasonable now are they!!

Little girls fine. They picked up a slightly dialated kidney pipe on a pre-birth scan so monitored it afterwards, its back within safe parameters now.

We are lucky to live where we are for sure, especially during lockdown as we have more or less free roam of the countryside. During the first lockdown we were regularly doing 4 hour walks across the fields and taking a rucksack with a picnic. Not sure it will be quite the same this time though as the weather isn't quite so good, and the baby isn't quite as light! Thankfully its not particularly touristy here so we didn't have that to deal with. I certainly sympathise with people living in apartment blocks in cities during lockdowns.

12 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

covidiots aren't particularly reasonable now are they!!

Oh, you could say that again and again and again lol.  

Glad to hear your little girl is doing fine - kids (like elderly parents) can be a worry, especially when they're not well.  Big smiles all around there for you and your partner and little one.

I live in a sheltered accommodation complex, in my block there are eight apartments, but whole complex is made up a several blocks of eight and one larger block with thirty-nine.  As we are all retired and all live alone it can be pretty miserable at times, but we all do our best to cheer each other up with regular phone chats.  Once out of this pandemic we can all meet up again in the communal lounge for a shindig (of sorts lol) Zimmer frames at the ready 🙂