Community

Has the Coronavirus effected your life?

Everything opens here, shops, restaurants, entertainment parks, zoo's. The borders will soon open, so that people can journey in July. However there is still no kindergarten. The children are still in lockdown. Now till September. Parents fear that there will be a usual seasonal flue wave in autumn and they will not able to differ between Corona and flue. So they will close kindergarten in October again.

It's a disaster for working parents here. Unfortunately we have no lobby. People who do not have small children cannot understand our situation and say we should not yell. They say it's OK to lock up the children till vaccine is there (in a year or more). Children cannot follow social distancing, so they have no right on social life any more.

For me it means working at night while children sleep and spend a whole day with children care. No pause. No fun. I am elreally exhausted.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a reminder that we should review this topic in a year's time and let history judge us. China had a fairly low mortality rate once they got in front of it because of many reasons (welding peopl

Takes my sister 2 

Some baffling responses here. 🙂  I think some of the responses here simply derive from a concerning pattern in society: shortsightedness. We have a nasty habit of focusing on the NOW without rega

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

However there is still no kindergarten. The children are still in lockdown.

We pretty much have the same here with regards to the kids schooling - the Government have advised that schools for years 1 and 6 can open on June 1st, but the Unions are fighting this as there is still a relatively high number of new infections detected on a daily basis, though the numbers are beginning to fall as is the death rate, but the 'R' rate is still quite high in many regions of the UK.  In my own region it just creeps in under 1 at 0.8 - in London it is 0.4 so there is some significant regional variance.

Our current death toll is standing at 36,675 as of yesterday (May 23rd):

deathtoll.jpg.4b1b07573c8dd6252d6aaf4c097f27f2.jpg

There has been 'some' easing of the Lock-down restrictions, but not a great deal, however a large number of people have assumed this to be the end and are gathering en-mass on beaches and beauty spots.  The public have been warned that this kind of behaviour could send us back to the beginning again and the Lock-down would be even more strict.  We live in very strange times still here in the UK.

1 hour ago, Davyc said:

We live in very strange times still here in the UK.

We live in very strange times in the whole world. I cannot imagine that we should follow social distancing and wear masks till vaccine is available. And what is if there another new virus? Is it how we will deal with it every time from now? This scares me.

Especially I fear about future of my children. Will they be able to be social after a long time of lockdown? What does my 2-years old son think when I forbid him to contact another children on the playground. What does he learn from it? Other children are evil, bad or what? He is not able to understand what disease is. He is looking at me and ask "Why?" and cry then as he just would like to play with other children. My elder 4-years son starts to say he hates me as I cannot play the same way the other children have played with him. He is tired from this isolation and I cannot help him. I cannot replace contacts to other children. My mother heart breaks when I see how they suffer from the situation. 😥

23 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

We live in very strange times in the whole world. I cannot imagine that we should follow social distancing and wear masks till vaccine is available. And what is if there another new virus? Is it how we will deal with it every time from now? This scares me.

I can't answer your question on a new virus other than to say that any new virus with a high transmission rate and can cause fatalities will have to be looked at when/if it occurs.  We have lived with viruses since the beginning of time, more or less, and we just have to adapt as we go along.  No one can predict the future, not even with this current virus.  Research tries to give a best guess at when this will all play out - for the UK it has been suggested that the virus will show no more infections by September, but it's not a fact until that time comes and there are no more cases.

It's a terrible mental strain to live in fear of tomorrow, but as one philosopher (can't remember the name) once said, "If we worry to much about tomorrow we will fail to appreciate today". To reinforce that statement a good friend of mine once said, with a sly grin on his face, "live every day as though it will be your last, because one day it will be".

I can only but imagine what it's like for you and your kids, but there are no easy answers and no amount of assurance to help quell your fears, everyone must deal with this situation as best they can and ride it out.  There will be an end to this at some point in time, but there is no definitive date.

Hug for you, even if virtual it comes from the heart.

• Management

We're all good here. It's certainly helped that the weather has been fantastic. I couldn't imagine going through this in the depths of winter, when it's dark at 3pm and raining constantly. Let's hope there isn't a round 2!

Life here in the UK is starting to feel a bit more normal. Take-aways are opening up again along with non-essential retailers soon. I find I have to pick my time to go shopping to avoid queueing outside for too long. It's definitely a pain when you want to go to 2-3 shops and realise you need to spend 10-30 mins waiting outside for each.

Things are getting better, and not worse at least.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

We're all good here. It's certainly helped that the weather has been fantastic. I couldn't imagine going through this in the depths of winter, when it's dark at 3pm and raining constantly. Let's hope there isn't a round 2!

Life here in the UK is starting to feel a bit more normal. Take-aways are opening up again along with non-essential retailers soon. I find I have to pick my time to go shopping to avoid queueing outside for too long. It's definitely a pain when you want to go to 2-3 shops and realise you need to spend 10-30 mins waiting outside for each.

It’s even worse when you realise you forgot to buy something 😂

5 hours ago, Matt said:

It is starting to feel like that here in Germany too. The shops and restaurants are open, we can go out more often now. I am starting work next week,

They have also decided to lift the traveling restrictions to enter Germany on the 15 th of next month. What worries me a little is that with the gradual opening, a second wave can happen if we are not careful and do not keep the distance.

For example, it was last week end on the news that at a restaurant, there were 18 new infections. There was a closed party where people did not keep their distance, shook hands with each other etc etc.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Morgin said:

Man, re-reading the early days of this thread is wild. 

Yup. My family is still in quarantine. We’re in Houston, turned into a pretty big hot spot after things started opening up again. 

From the CDC’s website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

656EE297-709C-4277-8646-726F31728721.thumb.png.9ff1043c7123546ad21295dbaafc00fc.png
Complete guess, but I believe it’ll get worse during flu season regardless of any measures that are taken. 

My heart goes out to all those that have been victim’s of this pandemic. Death, grief, financial ruin, stress, anxiety, education, etc. to many to list. 

• 1 month later...

I live in VIC/AU, or the worst country in the world, for masks and other restrictions, which explains why l am investing most of my time in my forum, (cannot drive more then 5km, can only go out for food, medical reasons, 2 hours of exercise, wearing a mask, unless jogging or with an exemption).

It is like the French revolution here, or the people are getting restless, not really me, l have my forum and my online trading career that is doing well.

:cool: