PaulKet

Has the Coronavirus effected your life?

On 3/29/2020 at 7:28 PM, Makoto said:

Food is essential.

Shelter is essential.

Healthcare is essential.

First responders are essential.

Police are essential.

Truck Drivers are essential.  Without them food and much needed supply delivery would be impossible. They are, in many ways, the lifeblood of our society that ensure all other essential services have what they need to be effective.

On 3/29/2020 at 7:45 PM, Morgin said:

@Makoto I’ll give you the same advice you gave me. It’s not worth engaging. 

Agreed. Those that stick to the topic at hand have had very beneficial discussions. The trolling is old... I'll admit that I had a few comments that would be considered trolling... But it's not worth it at this point. Be the better man / woman and "Let it Go!"

@Joel R makes very good points about the socioeconomic impacts that this will have on the country. Much like the automobile bailout that occurred not to long back; this is going to be an impact that will be worldwide. The lower and middle class families and small business owners are going to be those impacted the hardest, outside of those that lose their lives or have permanent health changes over this pandemic, including mental health. 

We have family friends that only see each other to play games / socialize. We've both self-quarantined. If anyone in my family decides to leave quarantine, we can no longer visit our best friends. The mother has an autoimmune disease as well as multiple ailments that surround her lungs. If she were to get the virus it would no doubt kill her. They even leave their MAIL in quarantine for 48-72 hours before opening it. My daughter has asthma, if she were to get it would be very hard on her from a breathing aspect. I also have a high risk elderly family member that lives with me. It's simply not worth leaving quarantine to risk their lives. 

These are assumptions from Texas officials, Governor, but their beliefs is that for every confirmed COVID case, there are 10 others that are not confirmed. While that is certainly a SWAG by the Texas government, it's certainly a talking point. Regardless of the number, you have to admit that testing capability has been limited, not all cases can be reported if they can't be tested. This also includes those that don't get very ill, but are carriers that are infecting others unknowingly. This thing isn't going away anytime soon.  

Rumors in Texas are that schools will not open until, at minimum, this fall.  But again, those are rumors.

Edited by Aiwa

Someone was telling me earlier she saw that this virus is basically a mutation of SARS and that really a lot of blame for the current situation goes to countries not being prepared for it, even though the previous outbreak was like 15 years ago, ie they have had that long to prepare in case something like this happened. Also some think sloppy handling of test cultures by the Chinese caused the seriousness of the situation.

edit: yep… it's called SARS-COV-2. covid-19 is more to describe the outbreak itself and media conveniently not usually mentioning it's just another outbreak of SARS, the virus itself.

https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540747/all/Coronavirus_COVID_19__SARS_CoV_2_

Edited by Midnight Modding

18 hours ago, DesignzShop said:

ou are not going to think for me, tell me what to say or try and control me in anyway. I don't believe in communism. Put me on ignore, simple. End of debate!

Hey, I didn't mean to offend. Just saying that posting a lot of stuff doesn't make you right even if you believe what you've posted.

I think what we believe to be true now with regards the virus, will be overturned many times in the coming months and years. Perhaps with both you and I proven wrong in what we currently hold to be true.

Peace brother. ☺️

Edited by christopher-w
typo

I just saw Washington curves based on best and worst case scenarios and even the worst case one shows cases dropping to almost none barely after June 1st. That would be nice. I highly doubt there will be 100,000 deaths in the country. I guess if there's not people will say "well there would have been, but quarantining worked!", even though most people aren't following quarantining recommendations.

In my area they had to close some parks starting to day and they are mad because so many people kept gathering in parks. lol. Seriously they are legit mad in their wording about people going to the parks.

ps I just heard someone outside my door cough real loud and I think it's the neighbor who kept trying to get me tow ear a mask, but she never has one on when she goes out walking around and talking to people.

btw, notice the top headline on yahoo is that the US total surpasses reported Chinese totals, instead of the other story that US cases are slowing down already.

Well I am on my way to the post office yet again... too bad this guy didn't buy the item a few hours earlier where I could have shipped it with the others. I might as well go to grocery stores while out rather than have to get right back out in a few days.

Edited by Midnight Modding

Here we go again with an outbreak here and them hiding where it happened. People at an assisted living home got it and the first cases of it there were weeks ago and still some people haven't been notified AND county officials refuse to name which facility it is. If people really cared about health first, they'd be releasing info like that.