Community

PaulKet

Has the Coronavirus effected your life?

Yuuuup!
https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-oz-coronavirus-pandemic-six-eight-weeks

Appearing on "Fox & Friends"  with hosts Steve Doocy, Ainsley Earhardt and Brian Kilmeade, Oz said that he was pretty confident in Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams' prediction that within 15 days Americans could potentially be over the hump.

"We've got 15 days of holding our breath," he said. "In two weeks we will know exactly how successful we are. We can begin to figure out which levers to modify to release the challenges that we've offered the American public and then about six to eight weeks till we're through the worst of it. I think that prediction is going to turn out to be accurate."

The number of coronavirus cases worldwide has crossed over 220,000 and deaths globally rose to more than 9,000. The U.S. has now reported more than 9,000 cases with over 150 deaths reported.

Oz also told the "Friends" hosts that part of the problem was in the panic surrounding the virus.

"I actually feel like the doctors are calmer than the average American," he remarked, noting that there are some medications that can work to fight off the virus and stop it from replicating.

Posted (edited)

@Midnight Modding, you’ve been on ignore for over a year. 🤣 It’s not because I disagree with your stance. 

To add to the topic at hand, someone in my sisters apartment complex, 15 miles from me, tested positive. 

Edited by Aiwa

14 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

@Midnight Modding, you’ve been on ignore for over a year. 🤣 It’s not because I disagree with your stance. 

To add to the topic at hand, someone in my sisters apartment complex, 15 miles from me, tested positive. 

I already know that. it's because you disagree with me being right in the past. doesn't change that you must want attention to brag about putting people on ignore.

Btw US death mortality rate even lower than we've been giving credit for... Under 1.5%. And that's not including the fact that the number of cases is underreported, as it's a lot easier to get a closer to accurate flu rate than corona virus rate. So the real mortality rate is probably under 1% and for young people it would be well under that... probably same rate as the flu for them.

7 hours ago, tonyv said:

Well, that would be me. But I'm not worried about climate crisis either. 

me either, really... let's say that climate change is affected a lot by human activity (which likely isn't true, to begin with)… what people clearly don't comprehend is that the weather and climate are complicated and if you just randomly affect temperatures, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have your actions affect it exactly as you want. For one thing, changing the GLOBAL average temp doesn't mean that all areas individually would have their temps where these random people think they should be. Also ANY change in weather or climate that improves one area is going to affect another area negatively. It will steer storms differently and bombard areas that aren't getting them now.

54 minutes ago, DesignzShop said:

People have also pointed out that assuming the US will get as bad as Italy 2 weeks after Italy was just some wild guess, as well, and it likely won't because nowhere else is and there are differences in Italy. But that didn't stop people from telling us that it was fact we'd end up like them. If the steps taken are wise, just in case, ok, but it's still not fact how bad it would get. Right now our death rate is under 1.5%, though. And that includes a lot of the old people with preexisting conditions.

Good and bad news on my music festival... it's not happening in May, but they are trying to reschedule it for the fall. I bet they will have a tough time getting the same groups for it, though... and I was liking the lineup this year. At least they are smarter than the people canceling other events instead of postponing.

Posted (edited)

Well, well, @Aiwa

I was supposed to be on your ignore list years ago, if it wasn't for the fact someone told me you posted I would of never known, you've been on my ignore list for several years at least because you're another one of those holy than thou Napoleon syndrome characters chirping at everyone, too bad you couldn't of kept your word and kept me there but apparently I'm that interesting you couldn't help yourself. Stop your whining and put me back on your ignore list and accept the fact others have opinions like it or not. Are you that un-decisive in life in general? A true keyboard warrior, that's the only thing that makes you a tough guy. Thank goodness for the 1st amendment!

Edited by DesignzShop

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Midnight Modding said:

People have also pointed out that assuming the US will get as bad as Italy 2 weeks after Italy was just some wild guess, as well, and it likely won't because nowhere else is and there are differences in Italy. But that didn't stop people from telling us that it was fact we'd end up like them. If the steps taken are wise, just in case, ok, but it's still not fact how bad it would get. Right now our death rate is under 1.5%, though. And that includes a lot of the old people with preexisting conditions.

People here also haven't researched properly why Italy failed miserably and why their death rate and infection rates are so high, instead we here them being used a example for everyone and shouldn't be ignored. Fact of the matter is a several fold situation. first off they didn't have enough ventilators forcing doctors to decide who gets to live and who doesn't. Second is the EU themselves failed them. When your country is so under-prepared for general medical services to start with something bad is bound to happen. Italy claims to have boasted they are a world class medical branch, instead they proved to be a third world third rate act and a failure to their people.. The EU is already struggling to keep countries in, maybe Italy will wise up and return to their independence.

Edited by DesignzShop

Posted (edited)

JFC. Quoting Dr Oz. and then spouting off complete nonsense regarding the quality of Italy’s health care system and standard foxnews anti-EU FUD. 

We’re never going to agree politically but please stop filling this thread with your stupid GOP talking points. Most of us have successfully isolated from the talking heads spouting inane garbage. If you want to live in your bubble that’s cool, but this thread was supposed to be about COVID, not your ridiculous love affair with right wing America or Midnight Modding’s concern over his postponed music festival or Tony’s general apathy and lack of empathy for fellow humankind. 

Edited by Morgin

25 minutes ago, DesignzShop said:

Well, well, @Aiwa

I was supposed to be on your ignore list years ago, if it wasn't for the fact someone told me you posted I would of never known, you've been on my ignore list for several years at least because you're another one of those holy than thou Napoleon syndrome characters chirping at everyone, too bad you couldn't of kept your word and kept me there but apparently I'm that interesting you couldn't help yourself. Stop your whining and put me back on your ignore list and accept the fact others have opinions like it or not. Are you that un-decisive in life in general? A true keyboard warrior, that's the only thing that makes you a tough guy.

It was very rough and unnecessary ...
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but we should not be rude - at least not here, where everyone has more intelligence than the rest of the world.
The world will no longer be as we all know it - be realistic. And it is not Italy that made the wrong choice, but this virus is invincible so far ... It may be limited, but no one has managed to end this virus ....

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Adlago said:

It was very rough and unnecessary ...
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but we should not be rude - at least not here, where everyone has more intelligence than the rest of the world.
The world will no longer be as we all know it - be realistic. And it is not Italy that made the wrong choice, but this virus is invincible so far ... It may be limited, but no one has managed to end this virus ....

look where the rudeness started, however... people were right off bashing the US and trump and then several people in here trying to make things personal instead of talking in general terms. Aiwa was also trolling by showing specifically who he has on ignore. Everyone should just relax and tell their opinions without making it personal. 🙂 

Edited by Midnight Modding

9 minutes ago, Midnight Modding said:

look where the rudeness started, however... people were right off bashing the US and trump and then several people in here trying to make things personal instead of talking in general terms. Aiwa was also trolling by showing specifically who he ahs on ignore. Everyone should just relax and tell their opinions without making it personal. 🙂 

We all administer our sites here - and each one of us is confronted with such a relationship between users every day - and decides fates, as the case may be.
This site should unite us - not make us rude.
The topic of the virus is global and will not be resolved by yours, mine or anyone else's opinion.
The only benefit of this topic here is for each of us to learn about what each country is doing anywhere in the world.
And what is right or not - only the future can summarize. Now we are just witnessing what is happening, and that is different every day, and there is no joy in it.

Posted (edited)

Honestly, the thread has run it's course ya think?? It should of ran it's course when the USA bashing started! before I even posted. But did anyone come down on johanson? no, they didn't. Whether it's been Fox talking points or liberal talking points drowned in this conversation then none of it should of been allowed. Honestly, the thread should be shut down just over the panic FUD being preached by liberal news and talking points making things worse. My posts are fact driven btw, hardly anyone elses have been. Again, truth hurts!

Edited by DesignzShop

2 minutes ago, DesignzShop said:

Honestly, the thread has run it's course ya think?? It should of ran it's course when the USA bashing started! before I even posted. But did anyone come down on johanson? no, they didn't. Whether it's been Fox talking points or liberal talking points drowned in this conversation then none of it should of been allowed. Honestly, the thread should be shut down just over the panic FUD being preached by liberal news and talking points making things worse.

The only sure thing about this virus is that there are no political priorities...

19 minutes ago, Adlago said:

The only sure thing about this virus is that there are no political priorities...

Unfortunately, there are always political priorities. Tyrants will use anything they can as an excuse for a power grab. Someone like I will take it a step further and say they engineer the power grab, but okay, we'll leave it at they are opportunists who will use events like this for a power grab.

Anyway, I'm an admin, and so are all the rest of you, and I see no reason why anyone would shut down this topic. Everyone has been conducting himself as a gentleman, and this is a discussion forum topic. That's what we do, we discuss. I'll give the staff credit for at the very least maintaining the appearance of intellectual honesty (or maybe they just agree with me 😉) because I know well if I and my like-minded topic participants were posting on TheGuardian or ArsTechnica we would be getting a million downvotes, all kinds of hate, and calls for immediate banning (which would be answered quickly). The comment sections on those sites suck ass; I know from whenever I've said anything there, especially against their religion (climate change) or their false god (scientific "consesnsus" re the environment).

Been out all day, and I'm pleased to be back amongst all of you.

Yours in apathy,

Tony 😏

Posted (edited)

Check it out, this just in. The surveillance state's corporate collaborators can't wait to suck up to tyrants:

traitors.jpg.9a402a9554a5d0be90415710e7e50dbb.jpg

They can't stop whoring. It's for your safety, though.

Edited by tonyv

It's starting to cause trouble with obtaining groceries. some people in the UK are panic buying and others are just acting selfish/greedy.

That said, it's not something I believe will impact my family much as we can adapt to eating differently if there's something we can't get. For example, I haven't been able to get pasta for the last two weeks, but having worked as a chef I realise I can make other things. Toad in the hole is a popular one with my family, no fuss. Just a massive Yorkshire pudding with several sausages - jobs a good one.

Posted (edited)

Personally, I don't think the topic has run its course, since it's such a fluid situation where things change each day. up to IPS there, but at least it's getting some active posting and people should just simply be polite, though.

Posted (edited)

It has run its course. Many are making it political when it should be about saving as many lives as we as we can and helping others in our communities. 
Are politicians going to try and use this to further their agenda, sure, but that’s a worry for another day?

I’ve said a stupid thing or two, so have others. Time to “Let it go” ?? 

Edited by Aiwa

Posted (edited)

NY and Washington have a huge percentage of them and everyone else is low. (edit number of cases in NY, not sure about deaths there.)

ps the mayor here ordered all gyms and bars to close and all restaurants to stop letting people dine in.... and last I heard the whole county only had 3 confirmed cases and 0 deaths.

(it actually doesn't affect me, because that is a city mayor, not the county one, so where I am they're not forced to close yet.)

Please remember that we do not permit political discussion here. We realize this topic has walked a fine line, but we are trying to leave it open, so stick to the virus and the impact on your lives and hold the inflammatory/political commentary. There are plenty of outlets for that and if we continue to get complaints/reports, we will have to shut this down.  

Thank you. 🙂 

Ford and GM stopping production until the end of the month is going to directly impact my employer and my city's largest employer. Some of my coworkers are worried about being laid off due to the automakers stopping production. My employer's largest customer has their untrained security guards taking the temperature of everyone who enters their property and the same time they are doing things that would only help spread the virus. Everything else going on in my workplace that concerns the virus seems pretty surreal as well.