Stop contributors to downloads from uploading a new version?

SJ77

Hi

I don't want my contributors to be able to come back months later and delete all of their files from the marketplace by using the upload new version edit function.  (aka replace files with fake garbage)

I tried to use the settings in the ACP but its not working. They can come back later and upload a stupid jpeg and delete their original file.

To be honest, I don't really care about uploading more stuff, I just don't want to original stuff deleted.

Is there any way to stop that? What am I missing?

16 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can disable the Can manage versions? for their group. But I’m not sure (as I’m away from my PC now) if they’re still able to “replace” the file without versioning. 

I tried that. Maybe something is broken specific to my site?.. it's not working. Everyone can still make changes

EDIT: I want them to manage version, I don't want them to be able to delete. I disabled can delete files. .. but they still can.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

You mean delete old versions? They can if their group can manage versions. 

yeah, I don't want them to be able to delete old versions.

Or maybe it would be nice if they could delete old versions and upload new versions only till it's approved. Once it's approved they can no longer do that.

Folks pay for access to these files and having it deleted makes customers unhappy

A plugin that makes deletes impossible after approval status won't work because there is a workaround for the users. The user can simply change something else which puts the file back into "needs approval" status. IE: uploading a new screen shot. By default adding a new screen shot triggers a new require approval on the file. Then like magic, suddenly they have unlocked the ability to delete the file again.  The plugin would be useless once users figure out this loophole.

This fix is as follows if anyone wants to try and make this

• before initial approval user can upload new version and delete existing version
  • once approved user cannot upload a new version
  • If put into Needs approval status AGAIN thereafter user still cannot upload a new version.
  • Any time after the initial approval and user cannot upload a new version.
    • maybe an unlock option could be available for a admin/mod to allow users to make edits again

Archived