Setting up Our Picks

Jordan Miller

Hi there. 

I am a little confused about the Our Picks block. I can't seem to understand how to select content to display in that block. 

I see on the IPB Community homepage there's a carousel with picks. I would love to include that on my forum. 

The option is currently enabled in the 'Social Media Promotion' section in my admin panel. 

I couldn't seem to find a support topic on it. Any help would be awesome. 

20 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

See 

Ok @Adriano Faria, I made some progress. 

I integrated Bitly (link shortening/tracking) and enabled Facebook for promotion. The promote button appears to work and it batches what's to be promoted. I tried it, but 
I don't see where the stories are being promoted? 

When someone clicks Promote, it can either promote the thread immediately or in a batch. But where do they go? Bitly is showing people are clicking on the Promote button, however all of the links have 0 clicks. Meaning, no one is clicking the promoted content. Guess I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong and where these stories are meant to be appearing. Peoples' Facebook pages?

One more issue. 

I added the Our Picks block on the homepage. On mobile and desktop, the carousel does not work. When clicking the arrow nothing happens. Any idea why that could be? I used the default IPB theme to make sure it wasn't a theme compatibility issue. Still no luck.

Any help from the IPB community would be awesome. 🙏 

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.32.41 AM.png

Archived