Daily digest emails

Hello!

I have a quick question about the daily digest emails. I get a daily one from Invision, and they're great. I am having trouble understanding how to do the same for my own forum.

I am following content and have asked to receive a daily email, yet I have yet to get one.

Attached is settings for a particular forum. I have followed it for more than 24 hours, so in theory I should receive an email with new content, right? 

• We are using Sendgrid to send emails.
  • We also have a from address set.

Wondering if I could get a little help pinpointing the issue as to why. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 6.00.57 PM.png

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 6:42 AM, bfarber said:

You would only receive an email if there is content you haven't read yet. If you are active on your community and read each topic, there would be nothing to email you.

Hey there - I wanted to circle back on this. @bfarber

I am still a little confused how this all works/functions. Would love yours or anyone else's insight.

1.) What determines when or why I get a daily digest email?

Sadly, I have yet to ever receive one from my forum. I love how I get one from IPB once per day. I want that for my forum for all members unless they opt out of that. How is this achieved? What settings are enabled to accomplish this?

2.) If I change "Method to use for content I follow automatically" to "One email per day with all new content from that day," do I still get a notification inside my forum? Or is it now just email? Or both?

(Ultimately, this is what I want: Members to receive one daily digest email with content from that day they follow, and instantaneous notifications inside the forum).

Here is what my notification settings look like currently:

1772799023_1ScreenShot2020-05-03at5_22_35PM.jpg.173780bfda9c1039bf54608a349e60f9.jpg

3.) Currently, I have the email option disabled for all notifications except 'content I follow' on my forum. I did this because I was under the impression a member could theoretically opt-in to receive email notifications for any and all things, which I want to avoid because of how expensive that could get if tons of members did that. 

4.) In this Invision Community forum, my managed notifications is truncated and a lot cleaner-looking than mine. Mine has each notification swatch in a list. How can I make mine like this place?

639781958_ScreenShot2020-05-03at5_48_13PM.thumb.png.1c525e19f383d6302176cfa07252f979.png

In a nutshell: I want my members to get one daily digest email and all of their in-forum notifications instantly. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I've been on the Internet too much this week lol.

1) When the task runs, if there is any content in areas you follow that is "new" (you haven't read it), you should get an email with a summary of that content.

2) Digests are always sent via email. The setting you referenced is your default option when you automatically follow content you are posting.

3) No question here

4) This is a change for 4.5 which we applied to our community early to facilitate mobile push notifications. In other words, your list will look like this when you upgrade to 4.5.

45 minutes ago, bfarber said:

1) When the task runs, if there is any content in areas you follow that is "new" (you haven't read it), you should get an email with a summary of that content.

2) Digests are always sent via email. The setting you referenced is your default option when you automatically follow content you are posting.

3) No question here

4) This is a change for 4.5 which we applied to our community early to facilitate mobile push notifications. In other words, your list will look like this when you upgrade to 4.5.

Are digest emails supposed to be responsive in format?

Mine aren't and it's driving me crazy as they're unreadable

@bfarber

Hey, wondering if you can help me figure this out... I have yet to receive a daily digest email from my own forum. I don't understand what settings I need to have in place to receive it. 

There are topics that I haven't visited that day that I would imagine would be included in that digest email. 

It's probably user error (aka me lol) but I just don't understand. 

618153201_ScreenShot2020-05-06at9_16_19AM.thumb.png.347c128887f80344146e7b9fada5635f.png

On 5/5/2020 at 2:29 PM, bfarber said:

All emails are responsive, however sometimes larger images can cause the text to display small.

Thank you 

I raised a support ticket which has been escalated as both my forums emails are not responsive so something's gone wrong somewhere!

21 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

@bfarber

Hey, wondering if you can help me figure this out... I have yet to receive a daily digest email from my own forum. I don't understand what settings I need to have in place to receive it. 

There are topics that I haven't visited that day that I would imagine would be included in that digest email. 

It's probably user error (aka me lol) but I just don't understand. 

618153201_ScreenShot2020-05-06at9_16_19AM.thumb.png.347c128887f80344146e7b9fada5635f.png

Check your spam folder.

If you have subscribed to areas and requested to receive a daily digest, you should get a digest if there is new content in those areas you haven't read.