Attachment Watermarks 2.0

Hello everyone!

This is an early notice to expect a major update to my existing Attachments Watermarks plugin soon!

I will be migrating the plugin over to an application, which will come with many major improvements.

Including applying watermarks to existing images, maintaining backups of attachment images so you can restore them and/or change your watermarks freely in the future if you wish, provide dynamic scaling for watermark images and more!

If you're interested, be sure to follow this topic for updates. I plan to have this release out sometime within the next week.

Is there an option based on permissions on whether you can add a watermark to an image. Interesting app but I'd be worried if one of our users uploads an image that is not their's (just grabbed from Google) and then we watermark it. Have the option before image attachment upload and maybe a small message which we can add warning them would be a nice feature.

Hey @Dean_!

Thank you for your feedback! This currently applies attachments to images uploaded by all members, but I can work on implementing a group based permissions system.

Adding an option on whether or not to add watermarks during the actual upload will be tricky however, but I'll note the feedback and see what I can do.

At the very least, I can have it where only groups you select will have their images watermarked!

Just now, Makoto said:

Hey @Dean_!

Thank you for your feedback! This currently applies attachments to images uploaded by all members, but I can work on implementing a group based permissions system.

Adding an option on whether or not to add watermarks during the actual upload will be tricky however, but I'll note the feedback and see what I can do.

At the very least, I can have it where only groups you select will have their images watermarked!

You're most welcome, I'm sure some may have the same worry? So I thought it maybe worth mentioning it.

Maybe something like this could be achived with IPS 4.5?

Many thanks!

It's a fair concern. I know the way IP.Gallery does this now is that you can enable/disable watermarks on an album basis.

Would possibly adding forum based settings work for you? So watermarks would only be applied to images uploaded to specific forums. Or would you still need more fine-grained control?

1 hour ago, Makoto said:

It's a fair concern. I know the way IP.Gallery does this now is that you can enable/disable watermarks on an album basis.

I was going to mention how the albums did this but it wasn't quite the same. I like the idea of a forum based option. But my original idea would suit much better.

Just wondering if anyone else using this would have a similar concern or anyone looking to buy it to add some feedback for this concern... Or is it just me? :happy:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, Fred Krugger said:

The watermark has only one fixed position .. ??? it is possible in future versions to have the option of:

upper left,
top right
lower left
lower right
centered

for example...

image.thumb.png.b717a826523e4c61cd7c081d79a6ac22.png

Currently it is a fixed position, but I will add more positions in the next release.

• 1 month later...

I have some questions:

1. Is there any option to restrict adding watermark per application? E. g. add to the images uploaded in Pages but not to the images uploaded in Forum?
  2. Pixabay images will not be watermarked, right? 
  3. Are images uploaded via AdminCP (like logo, backgrounds and so on) are excluded or can be excluded?
  4. Are advertisement banners uploaded by users via Commerce watermarked?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...