Community

Does anyone know of a plugin that will provide this sort of functionality?

https://www.ranker.com/list/the-best-actors-working-today/bustermcdermott

Members can vote for things in a list I provide, and their votes move that item up or down the list.

I'm thinking specifically of favourite books, if that matters. I'd have an image of the cover and a synopsis.

I reckon something like this would definitely encourage people to visit and partake.  The current question and answer forums operate similarly and could be converted for this and expanded upon.  Imagine the number of people who would be eager to join up just to vote for their favourites in this manner; it could be a game a changer - at least for me it would be lol.

thumbs_up.png.dd857ed412266f035385619db837a67f.png

Edited by Davyc
4 hours ago, opentype said:

A Pages listing with tweaked ratings functionality could also work. I’ll have a look at it. 

Looks like you're nearly there with Superreviews mode 3:

"There a user-defined number of latest or random reviews are being shown along with stats of all the reviews. The overall rating is calculated from all the entries linking in. "

So instead of the items being displayed in random order, they are dynamically displayed in order of total votes.

If the vote could be a simple thumbs-up or thumbs-down that would be even better.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, opentype said:

Update: prototype is working. So it will come. 

That's fantastic - it looks like it's going to be fun to use and I have several ideas as to how I can put it to use. Great work @opentype and thank you for taking the time to respond to those who will come to appreciate the work you've done on this (and all the other SuperApps we all love).

🙂

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, opentype said:

The “order by rating” is broken in the current version. I’ve reported it. But if it is not fixed in the 4.4 line, it wouldn’t make sense to release this product for 4.4. 

That's a shame, but it makes sense not to release something that isn't going to work the way you (and everyone else) would expect it to work.  All good things come to those who wait 🙂

Thanks for the update.

On 3/11/2020 at 7:47 PM, bfarber said:

It's already fixed for 4.5.

On 3/12/2020 at 2:18 PM, bfarber said:

direct ratings in Pages doesn't work

This is kind of contradictory - it's fixed in 4.5 but direct rating in pages doesn't work.  Which is it?  Is it fixed or is this approach for the new app a none starter because it's never going to work.  May just be my way of thinking, but this doesn't make sense to me lol

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 9:44 PM, Mark Griffin said:

Does anyone know of a plugin that will provide this sort of functionality?

https://www.ranker.com/list/the-best-actors-working-today/bustermcdermott

Members can vote for things in a list I provide, and their votes move that item up or down the list.

I'm thinking specifically of favourite books, if that matters. I'd have an image of the cover and a synopsis.

Seven months later, but here it is:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9740-supervote/