Community

Mark Griffin

Rate My Thingy

Does anyone know of a plugin that will provide this sort of functionality?

https://www.ranker.com/list/the-best-actors-working-today/bustermcdermott

Members can vote for things in a list I provide, and their votes move that item up or down the list.

I'm thinking specifically of favourite books, if that matters. I'd have an image of the cover and a synopsis.

I reckon something like this would definitely encourage people to visit and partake.  The current question and answer forums operate similarly and could be converted for this and expanded upon.  Imagine the number of people who would be eager to join up just to vote for their favourites in this manner; it could be a game a changer - at least for me it would be lol.

thumbs_up.png.dd857ed412266f035385619db837a67f.png

Edited by Davyc

4 hours ago, opentype said:

A Pages listing with tweaked ratings functionality could also work. I’ll have a look at it. 

Looks like you're nearly there with Superreviews mode 3:

"There a user-defined number of latest or random reviews are being shown along with stats of all the reviews. The overall rating is calculated from all the entries linking in. "

So instead of the items being displayed in random order, they are dynamically displayed in order of total votes.

If the vote could be a simple thumbs-up or thumbs-down that would be even better.

Cheers!