PHP Version Incorrect

IPv6Freely

Hi there,

Life got in the way of us keeping our installation up to date, and we're currently running v4.3.6. The main reason was the requirement for a PHP upgrade. Regardless, I finally got around to upgrading PHP. Now we're on PHP v7.3.14, but the upgrade tool continues to say we're still on PHP v7.0.33.

1C287/2 You are running PHP version 7.0.33-20+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1. You need PHP 7.1.0 or above. You should contact your hosting provider or system administrator to ask for an upgrade.

I'm not sure what I'm missing, here. I've already restarted the web server (we're using nginx, though I'd like to ultimately go back to Apache but thats a whole other discussion for another day), and also restarted php7.3-fpm. What am I missing here?

Okay, I found that I had to modify a line in my nginx config:

location ~ \.php$ {
                include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
                fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock;
        }

Had to change line 3 to reflect the new PHP version. However, once I did that I was getting 500 errors:

2020/02/10 09:21:43 [error] 20526#20526: *3 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function IPS\mb_internal_encoding() in /mnt/mshvol-01/www/forums/init.php:142
Stack trace:
#0 /mnt/mshvol-01/www/forums/init.php(890): IPS\IPS::init()
#1 /mnt/mshvol-01/www/forums/index.php(12): require_once('/mnt/mshvol-01/...')
#2 {main}
  thrown in /mnt/mshvol-01/www/forums/init.php on line 142" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.99.13.186, server: modsquadhockey.com, request: "GET /forums/topic/46958-the-sweet-spot/?do=findComment&comment=875120 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock:", host: "modsquadhockey.com"

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

41 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Okay, I found that I had to modify a line in my nginx config:

location ~ \.php$ {
                include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
                fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock;
        }

Had to change line 3 to reflect the new PHP version. However, once I did that I was getting 500 errors:

2020/02/10 09:21:43 [error] 20526#20526: *3 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function IPS\mb_internal_encoding() in /mnt/mshvol-01/www/forums/init.php:142
Stack trace:
#0 /mnt/mshvol-01/www/forums/init.php(890): IPS\IPS::init()
#1 /mnt/mshvol-01/www/forums/index.php(12): require_once('/mnt/mshvol-01/...')
#2 {main}
  thrown in /mnt/mshvol-01/www/forums/init.php on line 142" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.99.13.186, server: modsquadhockey.com, request: "GET /forums/topic/46958-the-sweet-spot/?do=findComment&comment=875120 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock:", host: "modsquadhockey.com"

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

That would indicate the MBstring extension is missing from PHP.

Archived