Schema Builder and Mysql 8.0.17

CodingJungle

As of MySQL 8.0.17, the ZEROFILL attribute is deprecated for numeric data types, as is the display width attribute for integer data types. Support for ZEROFILL and display widths for integer data types will be removed in a future MySQL version. Consider using an alternative means of producing the effect of these attributes. For example, applications could use the LPAD() function to zero-pad numbers up to the desired width, or they could store the formatted numbers in CHAR columns.

in mysql 8.0.17 the width attribute for integer data types and zerofill for numeric are ignored. this forces the schema checker to throw an error about difference between the schema and what is on the DB, can you guys place a version check in there that will skip this check for 8.0.17 so we can keep them for older mysql versions? my current dev is 8.0.17 and it would be a pita to have to rollback to an earlier version for something so minor, but it might drive a client who is running the support tool a bit insane with "errors with the database", as schema and db can't be resolved.

support tool:

supportool.thumb.png.8ce4caf7fc306cd9c493b4a2f995dd11.png

DevCenter:

devCenter.thumb.png.eb915731de025a7bc690111777174cd2.png

I've looked into this and I can't get the database checker in the support tool, nor the dev center, to produce incorrect results. On MySQL 8.0.17 I still get the display width attribute returned.

image.png

It's worth noting that "deprecated" is not "removed". What would I need to do in order to duplicate the issue you are seeing here?

it is also worth noting that a vast majority of your clients are going to be running IPS on a linux box, so it might be something specific to linux:

getARealOs.thumb.png.ff31a848545b851f3b31aca9d186f81b.png

i'm currently running ubuntu/pop!_os 19.10, i don't do any configuration on mysql outside of installing it. i use the command:

sudo apt install mysql-server

create my user, and leave it be.

i've attached the variables that mysql uses while running, using the following command:

mysql -u user -p -A -e"SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES;" > MySQLCurrentSettings.txt

and the configuration that it uses. 

hope this helps.

MySQLCurrentSettings.txt sqlconfig.zip

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, bfarber said:

We have addressed this for 4.5 already.

okay the last i saw in this thread was you couldn't reproduce it, and i figured that was cause it was something that was maybe different between windows and linux, and just want to let you know i could reproduce in windows 🙂 thanks. 

Archived