NEW Stripe checkout supports SCA + chargeback protection

ekforum

This is an appeal to Invision board to please include the NEW stripe checkout in an update of Invision Board, NEW stripe checkout can be seen here: https://stripe.com/docs/payments/checkout

This supports SCA which is a legal requirement. 

It also supports chargeback protection, which I wish to purchase from Stripe but this requires the NEW checkout, this chargeback protection can't be purchased on the old current IB Board Stripe checkout.

If you feel that this is also useful for your forums please also reply to this topic to make Invision Board aware of our desire for the NEW stripe checkout to be integrated 😀

Our Stripe checkout process already supports SCA. Can you point me to documentation on the chargeback protection you are referring to and where it is stated you must be using the Stripe-hosted checkout process? It is unlikely we will move to a Stripe-hosted checkout solution anytime in the immediate future.

7 hours ago, bfarber said:

Our Stripe checkout process already supports SCA. Can you point me to documentation on the chargeback protection you are referring to and where it is stated you must be using the Stripe-hosted checkout process? It is unlikely we will move to a Stripe-hosted checkout solution anytime in the immediate future.

I have also requested this feature.

On 1/24/2020 at 6:57 PM, bfarber said:

Correspondence in an email to stripe, they confirmed to me that I need the new checkout to be able to get the char back protection. Some but not all of the relevant email correspondence are included below: 

8431571C-C97C-4D69-9C02-EFD0053C0523.thumb.jpeg.981daf5292da450e50156b67561b3a13.jpeg

And:

045C0869-B66B-41F2-B4A1-3291677D7B4E.thumb.jpeg.b18cff0166b93a50026021605f529ec7.jpeg

On 1/24/2020 at 6:57 PM, bfarber said:

It is unlikely we will move to a Stripe-hosted checkout solution anytime in the immediate future

It is common for some subscribers of subscription services to forget about the payments and then simply try to claim the money from their card provider saying they never agreed to the purchase etc. Money is immediately taken and then It requires evidence to be submitted to the card company in order to get the money back.

The charge back protection is extremely beneficial, especially to large subscription based businesses.

Please could you include this integration.  

• 1 year later...
On 4/30/2021 at 1:53 AM, opentype said:

Is this a thing now?
If I click the Get Started button here, I can apparently activate it for my account, but is IPS actually processing the charges in the required way now?

I do not believe they are, no. You can activate it on your account, but it won't apply to transactions unless they use the new Stripe checkout process.

Someone from IPS would have to chime in here in regards to whether or not this is on the roadmap.

Yeah, I asked both IPS and Stripe support and didn’t get a clear yes or no, but leaning towards “no”. 

Stripe support also said, based on my ratio of normal and disputed transactions, it wouldn’t make much sense. 

But then again, the worst part for me might be the injustice, not the financial loss. 
You offer a service, people buy it and use it, and then they just take their money back, plus generating a further loss through the chargeback fee. And then you invest even more time trying to gather all the evidence to fight the dispute, with a fat chance of loosing. 

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

I wouldn’t mind paying higher fees to have this out of my life.