Problem with UTF Converter (v3 to v4 upgrade)

Nicholas Schuester

Hello everyone,

I am trying to upgrade a board from v3 to v4. The UTF8 converter first reports this:

"The database is set to UTF-8, however 171 table(s) have incorrect collations and need fixing."

then this
"Error: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes File: /system/Db/Db.php Line: 198"

Having contacted IPS to ask about this error it turns out they do not provide such support. Which is unfortunate.

Can anyone here be of more help I hope? Thank you in advance.

More updates.

After going through phpmyadmin and manually converting every single table to InnoDB, I finally get to see this.

innodbfinally.PNG.acf5a01850a2803e4a030b311df181e3.PNG

However, the immediate next screen is this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Db::getCharset() in /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Db/Db.php:295 Stack trace: #0 /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Db/Db.php(333): IPS\_Db->_establishConnection(false) #1 /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Db/Db.php(464): IPS\_Db->checkConnection(false) #2 /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Db/Db.php(921): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('INSERT INTO `tr...', Array) #3 /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(487): IPS\_Db->insert('core_log', Array) #4 /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Log/Log.php(111): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save() #5 /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/init.php(898): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...') #6 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error)) #7 {main} thrown in /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Db/Db.php on line 295

Can someone help please?

9 minutes ago, Nicholas Schuester said:

However, the immediate next screen is this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Db::getCharset() in /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Db/Db.php:295 Stack trace: #0 /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Db/Db.php(333): IPS\_Db->_establishConnection(false) #1 /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Db/Db.php(464): IPS\_Db->checkConnection(false) #2 /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Db/Db.php(921): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('INSERT INTO `tr...', Array) #3 /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(487): IPS\_Db->insert('core_log', Array) #4 /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Log/Log.php(111): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save() #5 /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/init.php(898): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...') #6 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error)) #7 {main} thrown in /home/singap08/public_html/www.trainz.net/system/Db/Db.php on line 295

Can someone help please?

Sounds like you may have incorrectly modified your Db.php file. I would recommend reuploading all of the files from the installation download to ensure no files are modified and then trying again. If you continue to experience trouble, I would have to recommend submitting a ticket.

Archived