Ips support app

kmk

Due to the ips themselves don't want to use SUPPORT system, I am thinking about if I shouldn't use this feature for customers support, because I don't want to spend time and money on something will not developed more improvements and support. 

Or I'm wrong? Please ips staff can confirm my hesitation? 🤔 

IPS has already said why they migrated customer support to a 3rd Party system. IIRC IPS also stated that the Commerce support feature is still going to be a part of the product and continue being developed.  

Just because IPS doesn’t use it doesn’t mean it’s being abandoned... There are plenty of IPS clients that rely on it. 

IPS Commerce Support is a heavy, UI filled support ticket system to help users contact staff on communities.  It works very well for that function (which probably 90% of IPS customers use it for).  It is, however, not designed for a full blown enterprise support ticket system that a software company will find themselves dealing with.  Most types of sites have markets were users may never contact support or just need it once every 20+ sales.  Where as a software company like Invison Power probably deals with 20 tickets per sale and it is not the best solution out there for that volume.

However, a built in integration with zendesk as option 2 would be a very nice thing.  I think we can all agree that IPS Commerce as a whole is not always the best solution in ecommerce and the less "it basically works for now" 3rd party integrations would be better for all.

4 hours ago, kmk said:

How about if add a real time chat extension to the support system? Give The PM innovation and integra it with support? 🤔 

Very interesting request. Zendesk has his chat but the prices seem relatively high to me that it could already have existed for a lot less expensive like:

See with @onlyME   he is very attentive to suggestions and offers excellent support

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 2:04 AM, Aiwa said:

IPS has already said why they migrated customer support to a 3rd Party system. IIRC IPS also stated that the Commerce support feature is still going to be a part of the product and continue being developed.  

Just because IPS doesn’t use it doesn’t mean it’s being abandoned... There are plenty of IPS clients that rely on it. 

I miss that thread can you link me to where that is so I can read it please?

Archived