Tabbed Forums Index

I'll be replacing my website with "*"

The URL of page the error occurred on was https://*.to/?do=getCategoryData&fid=categories&tab=8

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/*/public_html/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(167): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('8')
#1 /home/*/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\tabbedforumsindex_hook_tabbedTemplate->getCategoryData()
#2 /home/*/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/index.php(52): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/*/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_index->execute()
#4 /home/*/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Backtrace:

#0 /home/*/public_html/init.php(995): IPS\_Log::log('OutOfRangeExcep...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(OutOfRangeException))
#2 {main}

Error code: EX0

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/*/public_html/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(167): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('8')
#1 /home/*/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\tabbedforumsindex_hook_tabbedTemplate->getCategoryData()
#2 /home/*/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/index.php(52): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/*/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_index->execute()
#4 /home/*/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

The website looks like this with the error (attachment):

Did you deleted any category/forum that’s part of any tab? It should check if it’s available but it seems it doesn’t. 

Check your tabs to remove what you have deleted and remove it from the tab. After that it will work. You can also run the support tool to get the CSS back if it still insists. 

I’ll make some tests and upgrade it to avoid such error, if I can reproduce it.

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Did you deleted any category/forum that’s part of any tab? It should check if it’s available but it seems it doesn’t. 

Check your tabs to remove what you have deleted and remove it from the tab. After that it will work. You can also run the support tool to get the CSS back if it still insists. 

I’ll make some tests and upgrade it to avoid such error, if I can reproduce it.

Thanks, the issue has been resolved.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Is there a way you can dictate the order of the forums in an individual tab? I have 17 game forums and want to do a tab with all the "tech support" forums for each game. When I select them in the edit tab option, it lists the forums in the opposite order as the forum category is. So, the game shown at the top now shows as the last tech support forum in the tab.

*Edit - I see that the forum are going by their ID order. I had my forum imported from Vbulletin. Is there a way to change the ID?

Edited by Arlon Rahn
1 hour ago, Arlon Rahn said:

I see that the forum are going by their ID order. Is there a way to change the order to not follow the ID? I will have 17 forums in each tab and having my most popular game (highest number since it is the latest forum) listed last is not what I wanted.

I don’t remember how it is sorted; I would have to take a look at the script but it should order by the position ID and not by the forum ID so it should respect same order of your categories. 

Edited by Adriano Faria

Oh ok. So I have forum groups for each game (Total Extreme Wrestling 2020, World of Mixed Martial Arts 5, etc). Within those I have a dynasty subforum. See below. So I was thinking if I made a tab and put Total Extreme Wrestling 2020 Dynasties, World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 Dynasties and Mafia Capo: Payback Dynasties, they would be in the order of the main forum group. But you are saying I need to put them in a forum group called "Dynasties" and then they would be in the order they are listed there?

Could contain: Page, Text, Document, Word

I guess what I'm saying is I would prefer to keep my forum structure for the main tab (each game is a group) and then have tabs for Dynasties and Tech Support where I show just the subforum for each game there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...