Tabbed Forums Index

A little feedback on v1.1.1

If I set Tabbed Forums Index 1.1.1 forum view to Grid (cards) Display in Tabs in ACP it renders perfectly on the forums page. But, if click on a forum card it takes me to a list of sub forums but lists them in a traditional forum view (table), not as cards.

This is different to the core forums behaviour that shows the sub forums in the same style as the view on the previous page. So for example if I am showing cards, it shows cards on the sub forums page too. Same if I show forums as a list, when I click on one one it takes me to  a page of subforums displayed as a list.

It would be great if the app could respect the current view (forum list or grid) when it displays the sub forums on the next page.

Thank you. Very nice app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/8/2020 at 11:48 PM, christopher-w said:

A little feedback on v1.1.1

If I set Tabbed Forums Index 1.1.1 forum view to Grid (cards) Display in Tabs in ACP it renders perfectly on the forums page. But, if click on a forum card it takes me to a list of sub forums but lists them in a traditional forum view (table), not as cards.

This is different to the core forums behaviour that shows the sub forums in the same style as the view on the previous page. So for example if I am showing cards, it shows cards on the sub forums page too. Same if I show forums as a list, when I click on one one it takes me to  a page of subforums displayed as a list.

It would be great if the app could respect the current view (forum list or grid) when it displays the sub forums on the next page.

Thank you. Very nice app.

On 9/8/2020 at 11:58 PM, Adriano Faria said:

I’ll take a look when I have to update it. 👍

Hey Adriano,

Did you manage to take a look at this?  See above and summary below:

If I set Tabbed Forums Index forum view to Grid (cards) Display in Tabs in ACP it renders perfectly on the forums page. But, if click on a forum card it takes me to a list of sub forums but lists them in a traditional forum view (table), not as cards.

Many thanks and Happy New Year!

Edited by christopher-w
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria - Hi, the application was working earlier but had to disable it as it did not fit my needs but with the new features, it is what I wanted. Unfortunately, it does not work for me. I uninstalled and re-installed it, tried all possible settings on the application but it does not show up on the front end, even on the default theme.

I also disabled a few plugins that I thought could interfere with the app but still no result. Can you please take a loot at it once you get a chance?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, James101 said:

Hi, the application was working earlier but had to disable it as it did not fit my needs but with the new features, it is what I wanted. Unfortunately, it does not work for me. I uninstalled and re-installed it, tried all possible settings on the application but it does not show up on the front end, even on the default theme.

I also disabled a few plugins that I thought could interfere with the app but still no result. Can you please take a loot at it once you get a chance?

No problem there.

As you don't allow your members to choose (red area), you have to select Tabs in blue area.

4hYYmFk.png

Your setting is set to Table that's why tabs doesn't show up. If I change it to Tabs, then I can see it in index.

👍