Community

theipsguy

Video Gallery: Compression, Thumbnails & Player

A long shot I know, but I'd love to see the gallery become a truly video-friendly place. 

> Automatic thumbnail option (generated from midway point in video perhaps)

> Video compression options

> Inbuilt video player, rather than relying on users browser's video player. 

Would be willing to pay for anyone who developed these features too.

51 minutes ago, theipsguy said:

+1

I requested custom development for FFmpeg back in 2018:

No takers, but if there is someone out there with the required skills, then I'd be happy to contribute towards a solution.

Fingers cross for invision community 5.0 maybe? 😁 I just feel like the videos in the gallery right now feel tacked on the end (perhaps highlighted best by the fact that videos are still referred to as an 'image' when editing them in the gallery). 

As the internet becomes more and more driven by video content, I would love to see Invision adapt. 

Edited by theipsguy

On 2/11/2020 at 5:35 PM, theipsguy said:

As the internet becomes more and more driven by video content, I would love to see Invision adapt. 

+1

On 1/15/2020 at 3:00 PM, theipsguy said:

A long shot I know, but I'd love to see the gallery become a truly video-friendly place. 

> Inbuilt video player, rather than relying on users browser's video player.

+1

13 hours ago, Matt said:

It's on our RADAR. Video is pretty tricky though. We'd need a 3rd party service to transcode the video and stream it at the right resolution for the current device. This would come at a cost of course.

Have you looked at Cloudflare Stream? It is relatively inexpensive at $1 per thousand minutes viewed and $5 per thousand minutes stored (per month).

1100639222_CloudflareStream.thumb.png.8bfd727c4ce2219c7128e9731895c8a8.png?

Edited by KT Walrus