Jump to content

Community

theipsguy

Video Gallery: Compression, Thumbnails & Player

Recommended Posts

A long shot I know, but I'd love to see the gallery become a truly video-friendly place. 

> Automatic thumbnail option (generated from midway point in video perhaps)

> Video compression options

> Inbuilt video player, rather than relying on users browser's video player. 

 

Would be willing to pay for anyone who developed these features too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, theipsguy said:

> Automatic thumbnail option (generated from midway point in video perhaps)

> Video compression options

+1

I requested custom development for FFmpeg back in 2018:

No takers, but if there is someone out there with the required skills, then I'd be happy to contribute towards a solution.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingers cross for invision community 5.0 maybe? 😁 I just feel like the videos in the gallery right now feel tacked on the end (perhaps highlighted best by the fact that videos are still referred to as an 'image' when editing them in the gallery). 

As the internet becomes more and more driven by video content, I would love to see Invision adapt. 

Edited by theipsguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 5:35 PM, theipsguy said:

As the internet becomes more and more driven by video content, I would love to see Invision adapt. 

+1

On 1/15/2020 at 3:00 PM, theipsguy said:

A long shot I know, but I'd love to see the gallery become a truly video-friendly place. 

> Automatic thumbnail option (generated from midway point in video perhaps)

> Video compression options

> Inbuilt video player, rather than relying on users browser's video player.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Matt said:

It's on our RADAR. Video is pretty tricky though. We'd need a 3rd party service to transcode the video and stream it at the right resolution for the current device. This would come at a cost of course.

Have you looked at Cloudflare Stream? It is relatively inexpensive at $1 per thousand minutes viewed and $5 per thousand minutes stored (per month).

1100639222_CloudflareStream.thumb.png.8bfd727c4ce2219c7128e9731895c8a8.png?

 

Edited by KT Walrus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy