reverting to old setup after unsuccessful updates

Proud Daughter

Hi:  I tried to upgrade my forum yesterday. Long story short, as soon as I upgraded to suggested versions php 7.1.0 and MySQL 5.6.2, I could no longer access my forum/admin and therefore couldn't perform the upgrade. I tried to solve the problem for hours, and finally gave up. So, I reverted back to my PHP 5.6.31 and MYSQL 5.1.73 (it was functioning prior to), so at least I could get my forum back up and running. No luck. What could I be missing? Everything looks like it's fine on my Windows Server 2012R2. MySQL shows it is accessing the database. However when I try to pull up my page, I get a 500 internal server error. 

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/engforum/index.php

@Proud Daughter sorry to hear that you're having upgrade problems.  

1. What IPS version are you upgrading from and to? (Eg. 4.3.1 to 4.4.9.2)

2. On "big" upgrades, where you're upgrading a version like 4.x, I highly and personally recommend that you disable any third party apps and plugins and you revert to default theme. Several third party items usually need to be updated.  

3. Send in a support ticket with the subject line of "Emergency Offline".  Even though IPS technicians are officially off on the weekend, they will prioritize offline communities. 

<Files 404.shtml>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Files>

AddType video/ogg .ogv
AddType video/mp4 .mp4
AddType video/webm .webm
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.(ogv|mp4|webm)$ no-gzip dont-vary

deny from 119.63.192.
deny from 119.63.193.
deny from 119.63.194.
deny from 119.63.195.
deny from 119.63.196.
deny from 119.63.197.
deny from 119.63.198.
deny from 119.63.199.

To be honest, I am thinking of installing  new forum software on my server, and migrating my data, since IPS tell me they don't actually provide tech support for Windows servers, anymore. BTW, I did submit a support ticket, a few minutes ago. Am waiting to hear from them regarding my problem.

Archived