How to subscribe and unsubscribe for reply of reply

RRK

I need to know how I can use a API or anything by which I can subscribe or unsubscribe for reply/comment of a topic. Also tell me if a user comment under a topic then will that user automatically will be subscribe for email notification for that topic for further comments? If anyone can tell me how it is stored on database that will be very helpful as i need use database table for custom code.

Thanks

23 hours ago, RRK said:

I need to know how I can use a API or anything by which I can subscribe or unsubscribe for reply/comment of a topic. Also tell me if a user comment under a topic then will that user automatically will be subscribe for email notification for that topic for further comments? If anyone can tell me how it is stored on database that will be very helpful as i need use database table for custom code.

Thanks

There is no API to subscribe or unsubscribe, so you would need to build your own. "Subscriptions" in this context are stored in the core_follow database table. You can review it, and it should be fairly self explanatory, but let us know of any specific questions you may have.

21 hours ago, Joel R said:

Check for the Rest API for follows.  When users follow a topic, they can potentially receive notifications.  

If you check your ACP > Members > Notifications, you can adjust the default notifications for new members.  

is this the follow API you are talking about https://invisioncommunity.com/developers/rest-api?endpoint=core/members/POSTitem_follows
Also, can you please confirm if we can reply to a reply in forum? Like we do have a topic and someone comment on that topic then another user comment on that comment and then third user comment on comment on comment? so basically, do we have three level of comment reply relation in IPS forum?

42 minutes ago, bfarber said:

There is no API to subscribe or unsubscribe, so you would need to build your own. "Subscriptions" in this context are stored in the core_follow database table. You can review it, and it should be fairly self explanatory, but let us know of any specific questions you may have.

Thanks for your reply. Do we have nested comment-reply in forum upto three level(like facebook where we comment and reply to a comment)? Or we can only comment at one level?

Archived