Tabbed Forums Index

Adriano Faria

About This File

This plugin will display in Forums index the root categories as tabs.

Notes:

• It will add a tab for Club Forums if the setting to Show Club Content Areas is set to Throughout the community.
  • It will add a new display option in the index if you allow members to choose forum view type
  • Compatible with Grid View per Forums by @DawPi
  • A second line of tabs will show up if you have many root categories. The less the better.

#elTabBar {
	background-color: #2D3244;
}

#cat_8.ipsTabs_item, #cat_254.ipsTabs_item, #cat_clubs.ipsTabs_item  {
  font-weight: bold;
  border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px;
	-webkit-box-shadow:0 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), 0 0 40px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1) inset;
    -moz-box-shadow:0 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), 0 0 40px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1) inset;
     box-shadow:0 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), 0 0 40px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1) inset;
}
}

shows:

491519059_ScreenShot2019-12-23at12_28_55PM.thumb.png.56e629179d1cb38b5b46cbe728ec5944.png

In case anyone wants to make the tabs look different.

Of course you need to add your cat#

9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Which options? I can’t even see screenshots there. Didn’t find anything related in the description. 

Sorry forgot the hid attachments.

It was a bit of a frig of a mod to install but it was very powerful and being ajax driven it meant the forum index loaded very fast as you literally cut code out to pull forum listings.

You create your own tabs then put in the category id's or forum id's that you want listed in that tab and the tabs were permissions aware.

image.png.f48eec83fd34018837cd35d2e98ffae9.pngimage.png.525f66c6b373271e598d079ba403b9b3.pngimage.png.abc2e41df3e0547dc137e7adc272d805.pngimage.png.2a69451f1ecf5b169f3785bc9d573ed0.pngimage.png.db1cebc43aa97e35732175f72b4d6685.png

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

I didn’t even know there was another one. Anyway, the other one is was dropped from Marketplace and can’t be purchased. There’s only the support topic. 

My one only at my own site but unless mistaken believe yours also goes into clubs correct ? if so that would be only difference mine just targets the main forum and turns them into tab style.

Also, – and here is a feature request – I thought that the telephone view was going to be really cluttered – but actually it's excellent.

It is basically a drop down menu so that there is a very small bar at the top, you click it and it drops the menu and you then click on the sub- forum you want to go to. I think this is really nice and I hadn't expected it.
Firstly I suggest that you show that in a screenshot because I think people will be interested – but secondly, as a feature request, so far you have offered tab view and grid view – how about making drop-down view for desktops as well.

I'm afraid that I have got a very large forum which has evolved over 14 years and I'm sure that you would tell me that I have too many categories and you would probably be right but I don't have the courage to go through all and I'm too occupied with running the forum. This means that the tab bar goes on to 2 rows and so it looks cluttered.

I'd love to try a drop down menu.

You can see what I mean at www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

4 hours ago, BankFodder said:

I thought that the telephone view was going to be really cluttered – but actually it's excellent.

It is basically a drop down menu so that there is a very small bar at the top, you click it and it drops the menu and you then click on the sub- forum you want to go to. I think this is really nice and I hadn't expected it.
Firstly I suggest that you show that in a screenshot because I think people will be interested – but secondly, as a feature request, so far you have offered tab view and grid view – how about making drop-down view for desktops as well.

This is the default tabs template for mobile devices. You can it in a lot of places, like account settings, profile tabs, etc.

The grid view already exists. This plugin recognizes Dawpi’s plugin to table and grid views. Nothing new here. 

4 hours ago, BankFodder said:

I'm afraid that I have got a very large forum which has evolved over 14 years and I'm sure that you would tell me that I have too many categories and you would probably be right but I don't have the courage to go through all and I'm too occupied with running the forum. This means that the tab bar goes on to 2 rows and so it looks cluttered.

Again, that’s how the tabs templates works. 

Sorry, dropdown isn’t on my plains for this plugin, as this is a TAB style plugin. 

I don’t promise but I’ll take a look in a future version. 

Hello Adriano,

Just checking here to make sure this will work with a new feature I have in my newly re-written themes not yet released. I always get users utilizing your work, so I want to make sure compatibility is good with this plugin.

Do you use stock tab ID numbers, ext extensions or app extensions or a mix to identify the tabs? 

Kind Regards

7 minutes ago, DesignzShop said:

Hello Adriano,

Just checking here to make sure this will work with a new feature I have in my newly re-written themes not yet released. I always get users utilizing your work, so I want to make sure compatibility is good with this plugin.

Do you use stock tab ID numbers, ext extensions or app extensions or a mix to identify the tabs? 

Kind Regards

Hello,

It is basically tabs ajaxed:

All IPS core features. 

22 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Hello,

It is basically tabs ajaxed:

All IPS core features. 

Yea, that info needs updated, they don't use 
.ipsTab_item anymore. But then again it was 2015 when this was written up 😄 

I'm using straight ID #'s now anyhow for both Primary and secondary so all should be good.

Archived