Setting up Cron job for tasks

Joey_M

I haven't managed to find clear documentation on how to set up a Cronjob properly, however, it seemed easy enough from what I have read (none of which relates to IPS).

I've also watched a few videos on YouTube.

What I did...

Entered my sites cPanel, looked 'Cron jobs'.

Clicked on 'Common Settings', selected 'Once per minute' - as suggested by the IPS admin panel.

I added the code mentioned to add in the command line.

Then clicked 'add Cron job'.

Over in my sites ACP, I selected Advanced Configuration and selected 'Use Cron job'.

I saved the settings.

The prompt message didn't disappear..

When this setting is enabled you MUST ensure that the cron is set up properly. If this setting is turned on but no cron is set up it will cause significant damage to your site.

At the bottom of my ACP, it mentioned changing the tasks.php file to 777, which I did.

However, it doesn't seem right. Can anyone explain how to do this properly?

Hello, a warning message is displayed constantly, this is normal.

2 hours ago, Joey_M said:

At the bottom of my ACP, it mentioned changing the tasks.php file to 777, which I did.

If this message does not appear, then everything is working correctly.

You can check the operation of cron in this way.  Log in to ACP --> System -- Search Engine Optimization -- top right button Rebuild Sitemap -- after clicking, go back to the main Dashboard panel; see the Background Processes tab; there will be running processes, wait for them to finish refresh the browser page to see. If processes terminate automatically, cron is configured correctly.

Sorry for my bad english...

2 hours ago, Lucas James said:

Try restarting your server as a cold fix. If this doesn't helps, then you need to look into your server-side configuration or logs.

I appreciate your input, it turns out I have set things up properly but your suggestion is still useful knowledge. Thanks.

1 hour ago, LoPoSt said:

Hello, a warning message is displayed constantly, this is normal.

If this message does not appear, then everything is working correctly.

You can check the operation of cron in this way.  Log in to ACP --> System -- Search Engine Optimization -- top right button Rebuild Sitemap -- after clicking, go back to the main Dashboard panel; see the Background Processes tab; there will be running processes, wait for them to finish refresh the browser page to see. If processes terminate automatically, cron is configured correctly.

Sorry for my bad english...

Thank you my friend.

It turns out I have done it properly, I wouldn’t have known about the message permanently being there or the dashboard process trick - I appreciate your response.

Archived