Tutorial/Guide

fogartylee

Still not any wiser. I'm in dev mode, have created the app, table & columns. Nothing anywhere about how to add a form to the admin to input the items, etc... Most software like this generally has a tutorial for creating a FAQ or news feed.

Top that off with the issues I'm having with an imported forum, and it's looking like I wasted £500.

Getting there slowly. I am annoyed that I have spent so much money specifically because the software has expansion possibilities, yet am now expected to guess what I am searching for and work out who got it right, whether its relevant to my needs, etc..

£500 is a lot to spend on something with no manual, no tutorials, etc. The documentation for the forms seems to be "here's a few fields. You can guess the rest. And don't expect us to show you how to handle data". 

Considering how many years this has been around now, it's really not acceptable to be taking peoples money like this with such little thought to documents.

Compared with competitors this software is pretty good documented. What exactly are you looking for?

On 12/17/2019 at 11:59 AM, fogartylee said:

the entire process of creating an app from start to finish

With the links I've posted you are able to create your own simple but complete "Hello World" application. Step by step and easy to understand.

5 hours ago, OliverKapunkt said:

Compared with competitors this software is pretty good documented. What exactly are you looking for?

With the links I've posted you are able to create your own simple but complete "Hello World" application. Step by step and easy to understand.

Do you not see the problem with saying there is good documentation, yet having to link to users forum posts to answer the question? 

I don't care how good or bad the competitors documents are - I haven't just given them a load of money. If you want to see the level of documentation I expect to see then take a look at the codeigniter docs. This is free - and I'm not forced to advertise them on any sites.

https://codeigniter4.github.io/userguide/helpers/form_helper.html

You're talking about a completely different audience. Something like CodeIgnitor is a framework that is geared towards developers, and so only developers who will need development documentation are going to use that framework.

While our software has its own natural underlying framework which developers can make use of, the vast majority of our clients are end users with a smaller development community creating bespoke addons for other clients, or customizing their own site with guidance as needed. In short, our market is not developers and only developers, and thus our time and energy is not geared towards developers and only developers.

I'm sorry that you feel the development documentation is lacking, and we can look into an "official" Hello World app documentation (in fact we have one which is hidden, I expect because it is out of date compared to our latest release but I'm not positive on that. In the mean time, I would encourage you to use the resources that have been linked to, as they relate to what you have asked about. We'll do our best to answer specific questions that you have.

• 3 weeks later...

There is lot of Free app in the market. You can download and after install you can check it how its work and learn.

I think there is an App which you can generate Dev folder  so you can check the templates also how its work..

When i was start my first app i read the documentation once but i didnt get so much. So i download lot of free app and installed on dev site so i can checked how its work then i write my frist app.

But yeah would be nice more "How to" tutorials 😄

Archived