Hide Product Categories (Support)

Hide Commerce product categories and associated products from the store homepage, making it only accessible with a direct link.

Features

• Select which products categories and therefore associated products will be hidden from the store homepage and widgets.
  • Set which members groups are excluded and will see the store as normal.
  • Product category and associated products are still accessible with a direct link.

Requirements: Commerce Application

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

Hello, I am not sure if this plugin does what I need. Does it hide the product categories sidebar? I want to hide the sidebar and only display the products in the store. Thanks

Yes that's correct. Both the products from hidden categories in the index page and sidebar widgets. And also the actual category in the sidebar block as well if you set it as hidden.

• 1 year later...

hi

I bought the plug in but I am pretty confused. It seems pretty straight forward, but I can’t get it to work.

I am an admin, but for test I set it to exclude only the member group “noob”. I include two screen shots.

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

I expected none of the product categories to show in either the central index display (either at top level or as I navigate down) and nit in the navigation widget on the right.

What am I missing?

Cheers

John

On 7/28/2022 at 11:38 AM, Songstuff said:

I expected none of the product categories to show in either the central index display (either at top level or as I navigate down) and nit in the navigation widget on the right.

Not working as intended as the template hook should be preventing both. Would you be able to PM me admin login details so I can take a look at your theme?

On 8/3/2022 at 9:19 AM, Michael.J said:

Not working as intended as the template hook should be preventing both. Would you be able to PM me admin login details so I can take a look at your theme?

I set an account up for you a couple of days ago and sent a PM to you with log in details. 🙂

Hi Michael

I sent you account details via PM on August 5th and you still haven't read the message yet you are logging in here several times a day. I would have sent you another message there, but if you haven't read the first I don't see that changing anything.

I could really do with this plugin working as advertised, otherwise I have to restructure quite a few things asap. I understand you might or might not be working on this in the background, but I could really do with an update. Right now the plug is not doing what I need it to and it is absolutely of no use to me with it's current lack of functionality (it literally seems to do nothing).

My preference would be to have it working as described in your plug in info. Nothing more. If I missed something obvious in set up and have been an idiot, I would be sorry. At least that would be a step forward. If it is a bug and you cannot recreate it and you are not working on a fix, I need to know that too so I can take appropriate action.

Cheers

John

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Today Invision displays me this error message:

PHP8 Incompatible Customizations

We are currently in the process of migrating our platform from PHP7 to PHP8 in order to provide you with the greatest level of performance and security. We've identified one or more Applications or Plugins currently installed on your site which contain PHP8 incompatible hooks and/or subclasses. In PHP8, altering overloaded method signatures within a subclass results in a fatal error which can make a site completely inoperable. Also, our hook system relies on subclasses so this change applies to hooks as well. Therefore, this code must be either replaced with an updated version, removed, or disabled from your site as soon as possible. 

If you are not sure what this means, you must contact the Author of any listed Application or Plugin for an updated version. If you cannot update to a PHP8 compatible version, the Application or Plugin will have to be disabled or removed.

I have only Hide Product Categories and 2 others extensions installed on my system. Could you, please, tell me if yours is PHP8 compatible or not?

On 8/8/2022 at 11:41 PM, Songstuff said:

I set an account up for you a couple of days ago and sent a PM to you with log in details. 🙂

I'm sorry for the delay, I should have this looked out this week.

On 9/17/2022 at 5:28 PM, Webmaster Scr said:

I have only Hide Product Categories and 2 others extensions installed on my system. Could you, please, tell me if yours is PHP8 compatible or not?

All my apps and plugins were manually tested with IPB 4.7.0 and PHP 8.1 but it appears IPS have required further changes to be made. I'll be going through and updating them all again in the coming weeks but until then, if you are using the latest version, none of these logs appear to be critical and you are able to manually enable the application again until I've updated this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Thank you, the plugin works very well, but I have a question. 

In the incognito mode of the browser, I still see the items. But any other category of user don't see the items. Is there any way to hide items from Guest users other than blocking access to the store?

thank you!

On 10/19/2022 at 8:05 AM, FrA1l3 said:

In the incognito mode of the browser, I still see the items. But any other category of user don't see the items. Is there any way to hide items from Guest users other than blocking access to the store?

Just double checking you haven't selected the Guest group in the exclude setting?

On 10/21/2022 at 2:23 AM, Michael.J said:

Just double checking you haven't selected the Guest group in the exclude setting?

Hello!

Yes, I only have selected an administrators group. 

Could contain: Text

So, if you enter with any type of user, you don't view the category

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

But if you enter the store in incognito mode:

Could contain: Text, Paper, Business Card

For security we have deactivated the sale of the products. But we want to keep that category historical for future occasions and products that will go on sale on a certain date. With this problem it is impossible for us since they can be seen anyway.

Best regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...