Members Awaiting Validation in ACP

bearback

Yes I noticed it was in notifications, another poor decision by IPS in my opinion. What's the point in having a ACP dashboard when it shows very little. To be honest the dashboard is pretty useless apart from adding statistics which are no use. It should be used to add things you regularly use to manage the forum. 

It's worth pointing out that with the AdminCP notifications, you can choose to receive email notifications of the various types as well, making them far more powerful than a dashboard block. Also, the AdminCP notifications are available on every single page instead of only on one screen you may rarely visit in practice.

yes I agree the notifications can be useful to receive emails and a good prompt for important alerts..

When you login you go straight to the dashboard and used to see any information or alerts there, its the first thing you see. Now you have to click the notification icon to see alerts and then click again on the alert you need to manage. With regards to validating members block, that was seen straight away due to that's the first page you see. So in practice if you use your ACP like I do to manually validate members then that's the first page I see. Now its a few clicks to get there.

Where the ACP dashboards concerned it would be nice if it could be configured by the user to eastly add what options they use on a regular basis.

Thanks for your reply

Archived