No more silent patches

TheJackal84

This situation has been a major pain in the ass for me tonight.  One of my forum's customers (paid member) alerted me to the fact that his recurring PayPal transaction had processed a few days ago but his account still hadn't been updated on the forum.

When I investigated, I found that not only was he affected but some 20 other members whose paid memberships had renewed since I upgraded to IPB version 4.4.9 back on November 26th were affected as well.  They just hadn't noticed or complained yet!

Then I found this thread after searching for anything involving "PayPal" on the forum here, and learned that a newer copy of 4.4.9 dated December 2nd had been posted in the Client Area since the one dated November 26th and that it included fixes for PayPal issues.

angry the office GIF

Not cool, Invision Power.  Not cool at all!  If you're going to release an updated copy of the software, increment the damn version number and let us all know.  ESPECIALLY if the new update has fixes related to commerce!

I can tolerate quite a few inconveniences, but when it costs me lost revenue and lost customers, I start getting pretty upset.

In my case, I noticed the PayPal errors before the patch was available. I ran the support tool to no avail. This means, of course, that having already run the support tool I wouldn't go and run it again, so the patches remained an unknown. My timing meant that I literally missed them.

I'm hoping the calls in this thread result in something more proactive, even if we have to opt in to it.

37 minutes ago, The Heff said:

In my case, I noticed the PayPal errors before the patch was available. I ran the support tool to no avail. This means, of course, that having already run the support tool I wouldn't go and run it again, so the patches remained an unknown. My timing meant that I literally missed them.

I'm hoping the calls in this thread result in something more proactive, even if we have to opt in to it.

Running the support tool in the Admin CP didn't do a thing for me this morning, but all of the invoices for those memberships had expired anyway.  It sucks that there's also no way for an admin to "un-expire", resurrect, or re-activate an expired invoice too.  Unless I'm missing that somewhere.

I had to manually create "Paid" invoices for the 20 or so members that had botched PayPal transactions.

Archived