Redis question ?

bearback

I have been using Redis for some time now but updating to 4.4.8 I noticed that Redis is used for storage and caching. I was using MySQL database for storage and redis for caching.

When I was updating Redis and went to re-enable redis caching I could no longer select MYSQL and redis caching, when selecting redis caching it configures redis for both caching and storage. Is this correct??

if it can be configured differently what is the best setup. redis for caching and storage, redis caching and MySQL storage or file storage. Would I have to configure through constants.php file if I wanted a different setup.

Thank you

Redis is the best option, that's why it auto-selects that for storage/cache when you select that option for one of them. 

Do note that it is not used to store your content,  just arbitrary data such as settings, themes, list of admins, moderators and groups, etc. That data is still in your database, but kept there too for quicker access.

9 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

Redis is the best option, that's why it auto-selects that for storage/cache when you select that option for one of them. 

Do note that it is not used to store your content,  just arbitrary data such as settings, themes, list of admins, moderators and groups, etc. That data is still in your database, but kept there too for quicker access.

seems to work well

thanks for your reply 

Archived