Commerence Package Invoice Behaviour

TDBF

Would it be possible that you could change the way that invoices are issued. Can invoices only be created when someone actually purchases something, rather than being created and issued when someone looks at an item for sale.

It drives me nuts going into the ACP invoices area to see a pages of Invoices issued to guests, all of which have all expired and not knowing if the person has actually purchased something or not.

Or at least give us an option to turn this behaviour off and only issue an invoice when a purchase has been made.

14 hours ago, TDBF said:

Would it be possible that you could change the way that invoices are issued. Can invoices only be created when someone actually purchases something, rather than being created and issued when someone looks at an item for sale.

It drives me nuts going into the ACP invoices area to see a pages of Invoices issued to guests, all of which have all expired and not knowing if the person has actually purchased something or not.

Or at least give us an option to turn this behaviour off and only issue an invoice when a purchase has been made.

Invoices are not generated when someone "looks" at something. They're generated when someone checks out in the cart. A user may abandon the purchase before completing it, at that point, but an invoice and a purchase are two different (albeit related) things.

4 hours ago, bfarber said:

Invoices are not generated when someone "looks" at something.

I'm sorry, that was my attempt at some light sarcasm which didn't come across over text 🙂

My point is though, I don't really want a invoice generated until after the completion of a sale, and not at the point of entering the check-out. Whether or not a client went to the checkout page is of no concern to me, I only want to know when there was an actual transaction that had taken place.

The whole thing is rather confusing, if a client doesn't actually make a purchase an invoice is still issued, but after a certain time this invoice expires but the customer cannot pay for it unless it is reissued again?

Currently all it takes is for a member to visit the checkout page of a product without purchasing and finalising the payment, and we get a "Pending Waiting for Payment" invoice created in the ACP. To me, this states that the person has paid and we are now waiting for payment to be authorised by their bank etc.

According to this Invoice, it states "waiting for payment", but wouldn't it be clearer is the wording were something along the lines of 'Waiting for client to finalise payment'? instead? With the current wording, it suggests there is an issue with the actual payment, not that there was no payment made in the first place.

1190388364_Screenshot_2019-11-26Invoice230.thumb.png.bb527d287f5c369d0208a5a6fb03e149.png

I am currently sit at 6 pages of expired transactions, it is neither clear whether or not these people completed their transaction and failed, they started the transaction yet never completed  it or they are actual transactions which have expired and lapsed.

1 hour ago, TDBF said:

I am currently sit at 6 pages of expired transactions, it is neither clear whether or not these people completed their transaction and failed, they started the transaction yet never completed  it or they are actual transactions which have expired and lapsed.

If you’re only interested in completed, reviewable or failed payments you’ll want to view Transactions in the ACP rather than Invoices. This will provide you a list of actual payment attempts (aka transactions) that you’re looking for. You can then reference the invoice as needed as they are linked. 

Archived