User Profile SPAM

Chris027

We have tons of user profile SPAM and I'm looking for a way to curb this. 

We require all first posts to the forum be approved by a moderator. This stops 99.9999% of forum SPAM. However, the spammers now just sign up for accounts and leave SPAM in their user profiles. I have to manually go through each new user on a weekly basis and look for profile SPAM.

Question: What's the best way to stop this without curtailing regular user's engagement with the site?

IPS, Inc. needs to include Profiles (https://www.o9c4.com/profile/X-member/) in to [System] Word Filters feature scope. SPAM accounts can post illegal or prohibited content and community can be banned by governments or search engines. As Administrator I need total control for any activity, even someone edited own content - I want to be able to receive notification on this action.

Well, you can moderate links, but then you run into another issue (dumb IPS decision issue).  I believe if you have links moderated, it will moderate links everywhere including the profiles.  The only problem with link moderation is that the link button will go missing from the editor for all non-authority members of the site.  Read the feedback below to see what I'm talking about.

Have the person signup into a group which has links moderated.  Then through group promotion, promote them to member group which doesn't use link moderation.

I use @Adriano Faria Link moderation which allows you to moderate links just for certain groups.

Archived